Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feeling organized




I took on my kids' closets yesterday and this is how it turned out (before I finished the top shelves). I am very, very excited about them...I can find anything at a glance. I no longer have to search for the next size of clothes on the day we wake up and they have outgrown everything. I had bins of clothes in Tevan's closet...now just organized racks. I added one closet extender in Daeson's room and two in Tevan's. These can be purchased on the closet/room organizing isle at Wal-Mart for about $10.00 each...or Shopko for $6.99 each. I actually got mine at Shopko on sale, $5.49 each or something like that ($17.36 for 3). They are 30 in. wide and I think about 36 in. long. They are the best things!!! Tevan's rods overlap about three inches, but it is okay. Also, the rods swing a bit...so far Daeson hasn't figured this out. I am hoping nobody shows him (Grandma Blue!!). He was a great helper and took all the clothes out of the bins and put them on hangers. Then he handed the clothes to me and I put them in Tevan's closet. Tevan played very patiently in his room by himself. I was shocked to see that it was 1:30 p.m. and we hadn't even eaten lunch yet. They were great kids and super patient with me. Daeson is standing in front of Tevan's closet...all in a day's work!


2 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow! That's quite the difference. Awesome job! My mom had bought those closet extenders when we were kids and I can remember swinging on them while I was supposed to be napping. I only very recently confessed that to my mom.

Megan B ♥ said...

I have a few closets that need your attention. Will work for cookies?