Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Rocky road
I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later...Daeson threw a rock and broke our neighbor's glass in the garage. I didn't think things like this happened until five or six...THREE????? But our neighbors are really nice and understanding. The only problem is the glass is from the late 70's and it is the yellow-impossible-to-find glass...we are estimating 4-500 $$$!!! I am hoping not that much, but we have to have it specialty ordered. YUCK! I would like somehow to teach Daeson that he can't do that and that he has to "pay" for it somehow...but he is three and I am not sure how to go about that. If you have any ideas, let me know!!! He already got a spank and time-out...Troy was in charge of the punishment...but we would like to teach him that things cost money and he can't go around breaking them. The fun moments in life...we are in for the long haul with TWO boys!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HOW HORRIBLE! I hate that! But what can you do? "Things cost money" is a hard subject to teach 3year olds. Adalyn is in the stage where she asks for "stuff" all the time and I have to tell her no because we don't have enough money. I told her that one day so she went to my neighbor and asked her for their money. It was so embarrasing!
Good luck with the window. I bet that just left a sinking feeling in your stomach when you found out he broke a window. Atleast your neighbors were understanding.
Post a Comment