Yesterday, the 20th, was Troy and my anniversary. Eight years!! It has been both long and short, happy and some sad. We have been through trials and we have had some smooth sailing. I think that just goes along with marriage. We have grown together. Troy is a good man and a great daddy and husband. He works hard so I can stay at home. He loves my children and he loves me (why else would he put up with some of my antics??). He takes care of our needs. He is there when I need someone to talk to and there to listen to me complain. He is the shoulder I cry on and the hand for me to hold. I love him very much and I look forward not only to the next eight years, but the next eighty-eight. I love you, Troy. Happy Anniversary!
Saturday night my mom, dad, and my lil bro Jaden came into town. We had a great BBQ and then they watched our kids while Troy and I went out. We drove to a little Bed and Breakfast in Blackfoot and then went to a movie at the old theater. We saw Hancock. For all of you wondering, yes it is a good story...however, the language isn't for little kids at all. But we enjoyed our popcorn, redvines, and rootbeer. Then we went back to the B&B. I have only stayed in a B&B once before and it was the Chantilly in Malad. This was a little different. We stayed at the Stout St Bed and Breakfast. I realize they have only been opened about one year, but there are a lot of improvements they could make. I don't mean to be critical, but we should have gone to a plain hotel. I know they are trying to improve...but here it goes. After waiting for the lady to let us in...about 10 minutes...we were shown around. We walked in first to smell this disgusting smell of fish. They must have had a fish tank that was ready to rot. It stunk so bad that I wanted to leave. Not a great first impression. The next thing that irritated me was the two HUGE dogs...hairy, furry, shedding dogs. They were all over. The rooms were small, and the place was not very clean and welcoming. I felt like an unwanted guest. The jaccuzi (sp) was dirty and we were not feeling up to using it...that and the fact that it was down the hall. The shower, however, was really cool. Seven shower heads. The theater room was also down the hall. Since the bed was very small and VERY uncomfortable, Troy spent most of the night in there. The sheets on the bed looked dirty and the covers smelled like old man's cologne. The next morning, after a very unrestful night, we headed to the kitchen for breakfast. It was actually good, but I was hesitant to eat it after seeing the million fruit flies flying above the bowl of fruit. That too was irritating. After breakfast we headed home and Mom and I took the kids to church. We hung out all day and I think Troy was very disappointed in the whole Anniversary thing. But, what can ya say? After eight years and two kids, the whole huge anniversary thing just isn't very exciting. My mom is here for the week and we are excited about that. We have a lot of fun things to do and it will be great to have someone to do them with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys hve done more than we have ever done. We need to step it up a little. I will have to give Ken a hint that I want to do something bigger. Happy late anniversary. We played Settlers Friday and were thinking of you guys. Toodles.
Bummer about the B & B. When you pay that much money to spend the night somewhere - the least you can ask for is a clean room. Eww. Happy Late Anniversary anyways!
Happy anniversary! Bummer that the B&B was so lackluster. Sounds pretty gross, I'm not gonna lie!
Hey Jandy Lou! Happy 8th Anniversary! Can you believe we are old enough to be married that long! Sheesh! You have a cute little family!
Post a Comment