Monday, August 4, 2008

Am I alive?

Okay, I know. It has been a LONG time since I posted my last blog..what like 2 weeks. So for all of you who think that I have fallen off the face of the earth, I have. We have been so busy that this is the first time I have sat down to blog. I have 200 pictures that I would love to post, but I won't.



My mom was here for a week. We had fun. We shopped, went to the temple, and ate out. It was a lot of fun. My Grandma came up and stayed for two days also. She too went to the temple. We had a great time, I wish there were more of them. My mom was here from the 19th of July to the 27th. My dad came with her and then left...they watched our kids for the not so romantic anniversary trip. We then went Preston for a homecoming.



My cousin, Nick, came home from Tahiti. He is a handsome guy, Ladies!!! And single...even better. We had a great time visiting family and friends.



The 29th we went to my Grandma Smith's for a family get together. My aunt and cousins from Tx were here. We had a great time and once again had fun visiting. I have pictures...but you will have to wait for them. No time now to post them.



The 30th was a great day. I got to go to the Playmill with my mom, dad, and Grandma. We saw Hello, Dolly. It was fabulous!!! I was in that play after I graduated High School at the Malad Theater Guilde. The Playmill actors did a GREAT job...and of course, the fudge was fantastic as always. I even brought some home for my family. I found the boys some cute trinkets also.



The 31st was a crazy day. When we got home the night of the Playmill, I moved Daeson into his own bed (he fell asleep with Troy). When I moved him, I realized that his pull-up leaked (so much for the expensive brand) and he had peed through to the mattress. So, I gathered some blankets and headed for the couch. The next morning was filled with laundry, packing and shampooing the bed. I hadn't even thought about packing before this...what was I thinking? We had to get groceries and coolers packed too. I am never this unorganized. But, finally about 2ish or 3ish we headed out, stopping at BK along the way to get some lunch. Tevan fell asleep before he got his kids meal...did you know that BK has apple fries now? They are little apple sticks. Healthy choice, but they cost more. Oh well. Cheaper than a heart attack down the road. We finally got up to the cabin and got settled. I stayed in the cabin with the two boys, and mom and dad slept in their camper. It was beautiful up there.

I don't know what we did on what days. The kids were filthy...if you know me, you know that I don't let my kids get dirty. It grosses me out. However, by the time we left the cabin they had their lifetime dirt fill. Troy came up on Saturday after work. He got there just in time for paintball. My dad, Justin, Jesse, Jaden, Troy and my uncle Dirk all went out. They had fun...and a few days later they still have welts. HAHA. Daeson got to go fishing with my dad. Jaden took the boys and I on a short 4 wheeler ride. And several others took my kids. It was hard being up there without Troy, but we had lots of help. Sunday we came home, and had 13 batches of laundry to do. YIPPEE!! I am almost done with them.

We had a bit of family news also. I am going to be an aunt again. I won't say who it is becuase they are being funny about the whole thing...not telling some people and telling others. I don't know who they want to know, so I will leave it annon. Speaking of family... I could get on my soap box and tell you how it really was up there, but I won't. Some things are better left unsaid. I will say this: I am not sure why we are nicer to everyone else, but mean to our own families. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Should we not love eachother enough to overlook flaws...and not backbite and speak ill behind one another's back? We are supposed to love each other, not despise. So, on that I will close my rushed blog and fix my baby some lunch. I am thankful that Troy over looks my flaws...there are MANY! I am also glad that he helps me be a better person. What a good man. I don't tell him enough how good of a person he is. So, tonight I am suprising him with a date. How exciting. I will let you know how it goes...hopefully better than our last date. :)

No comments: