Sunday, August 10, 2008

Phew, first lesson over

I taught Relief Society today for the first time since my calling was issued (today I was sustained)...and now that one is done. It actually went okay. I wasn't sure how participation would work, but it all went really great. The class had a ton of thoughts and comments. The lesson was out of the Joseph Smith manual, Words of Hope and Consolation in Times of Death...or something to that effect. Lesson 14 anyway. I really am grateful for the calling. It will encourage me to be a better person and read the lessons. I read the lessons when I was chorister, but got out of the habit when I was released. Now I get to read them again, and try to find inspiring thoughts to share with the sisters in the ward. I am excited and nervous...but it really isn't THAT scary up there.
Happy Sunday to all of you. May God bless you all...He LIVES! He loves us and He is there to listen to us. Wonderful talks in Sacrament Mtg today...I got to listen because Tevan was at home sleeping with Troy :). Faith is an action word. It doesn't come on it's own...we have to work on it daily. But, if we truly seek it out, we will be blessed. The Lord knows us and loves us...He will lead us into life eternal. I know this to be TRUE. I know that there are blessing that come from doing right. I also know that I am not perfect and have a LONG way to go...but I know that HE will guide and direct me as long as I am worthy of HIS spirit. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is on the Earth today. It is God's church. It is the TRUE church...I am so thankful for that knowledge. I am thankful for the principles it teaches. I am thankful for the Book of Mormon, if you haven't read it, give it a try. You will be amazed at the things in it. They are true. I know it. May God be with each and every one of you.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Yes it is THAT scary up teaching a lesson! I nearly had a heart attack each and every time I had to do it. But I agree with you - I learned so much by carefully reading and studying the lessons - other than just listening to them.

Good job on teaching. I'm sure you were dazzling!!

Janet said...

JANDY!!!! I found you-and you found me. YEA! At leat we can keep in touch through our blogs! It is so fun to go through your blog and keep up with your life. WOW- your kids are so big! Oh, it's been too long. I would love to hang-out, but we should just call each other more. I never get over to your town anymore. I sure miss it though! Keep in touch - Janet

Nicole said...

I finally have a computer again. We are still working on everything else. I am glad to hear about the lesson. I still don't enjoy teaching. Good luck with job hunting.

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Hey Jandy this Jaime Scouten Thomas Love your blog I'm in the same boat as you surrounded by all boys but I love it!! Found your blog off of Mandi's so I hope you don't mind.