Friday, August 8, 2008

Looking for part time...

I know that Troy would never expect me to go to work, but I have decided to go back to work part time. First, I need to find a job. :) Now that Troy is no longer selling insurance (his boss won't let him work part time, and the Mission tortillas take up most of his time), he is home every afternoon. It is not that I don't want to be home with my kids, but more of an opportunity to allow the kids more time with their dad. I want Troy to know what it is that I do all day...I don't sit around and eat bonbons...and I only BLOG when my chores are done (most of the time). But, I want to keep up my resume also. I feel like my brain is going to mush. I need something challenging in my life...mentally. So, I am applying at Fred Meyer because they have benefits for part time people. Now that Troy doesn't sell insurance, we need to find something that isn't 400.00 each month...and something with better coverage. We don't even have maternity...no, I am not prego and won't be for a while!!! I am okay with Troy not selling insurance for a couple of reasons, but I am ticked off for a couple reasons, too. The benefits? He is home around 1 p.m. everyday. Give or take an hour. And there are no more late nights. The things I am not too happy about? He worked his butt of for the company for three and a half years. For what? Yes he will still get residules, but we were supposed to go to Dallas this December for a big award. He worked hard. I just don't see why they won't let him work part time. He has been for a couple months now...not officially, but he only worked a few hours a week. He still turned in more paperwork than the others in the office last week. Go figure. You would think that his ex-boss would rather make a little off him than nothing. Oh well. I guess now I don't have to have papers all over cluttering my cupboards. Not more meetings for Troy, and a lot less pressure for him. It is a good thing overall. He was not happy with my decision to go back to work, but I am excited. It will give me a few hours of alone time and maybe I will learn to appreciate my children more. I know it will be a change, but for the next two years I am hoping to have a little break from the house. Then, if we decide to have mre babies, I will stay home until they are old enough for school...then I will do a fun job like jewlery or a craft store :). Who knows what the future will bring. So, if Fred Meyer doesn't pan out, I will be looking for something different. Or maybe by then I will decide to just stay home...I am kinda fickle that way. :)

No comments: