Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF!!!

I am soooo glad it is Friday! I am not sure why, the weekends are filled with cleaning and cooking just like the weekdays, but there is just something about Friday's. Last night Troy and I had date night. He took me to a restaraunt here in IF called the Cellar. IT was FABULOUS!!!! If you are in a hurry, don't go here because your food is brought out in courses and it is very slow-paced, yet formal. I liked that aspect. Troy and I talked...we were there for two hours. The food was simply delicious and fresh. Troy had crab-stuffed sunfish with capers and lemon. I had a cucumber-apple salad with gargonzola dressing. It really was a great treat to enjoy our meal together and without kids screaming or fussing. So, if you do go out, try the Cellar. The pricese were not too bad...plates started at 18 and went as high as 38, but what do you expect? It was fine dining at it 's best. Idaho Falls is getting nicer restaraunts, and it is refreshing. We had a great time.
Tomorrow there is a big celebration at Taylor's Crossing. I am hoping it is fun for the kids. We were going to go hiking tomorrow, and we got all decked out to do it. We got hiking shoes, a babybackpack, camelbacks and hats. I am worried that Tevan isn't going to be too fond of the backpack so I think we are going to try it out tomorrow at the Taylor's Crossing events and see how he does. He hated the bike trailer at first, but not we can go for almost an hour in it. Today we even went off road down the canal and he liked it. I think we have adopted that as our new route. Hopefully he will like the pack and we will be off next weekend on a grand adventure. Picnics, bugs, bears and the wilderness...sounds great to me!!! Troy and I used to backpack overnight, but haven't gone since we had kids...oh, and gained 60 lbs!!!LOL. I am hoping to get back into shape...Heaven's knows I need to...and have fun with my family at the same time.
Sunday Troy gets set apart as the EQ Assistant Secretary and I as a teacher. Then the Grover's are coming over for a potato bar. It should be fun to have the cousins all playing and to hear about their trip to the Oregon coast. THe weekend will fly and before I know, it will be Monday and I will be cleaning rooms, washing sheets and doing laundry. Oh, the things we keep busy with. I forgot to mention the flu went through our house...luckily not the kids, although tonight Daeson has an ear infection. I have to take him to Community Care tomorrow morning. But I also had a job *interview* the other day. I know. I really would like to take it, but Troy is draggin' his feet. The position is Activities Director for a retirement center. I thought it sounded fun and the pay was good. I am not sure Troy will ever agree to me going to work, but I would really like to. It would be nice to have a break from the monotony (SP) and let Troy bond with the kids. Anyway, have a great weekend!!! It will be busy as summer winds down, but enjoy them while we can...right? HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm sitting at your house as I type this. . thanks for the fun time at Taylor's Crossing yesterday and for the yummy food today. You're the best of the best. :) Oh and sorry my girls are destroying your house at this moment too.