Monday, December 15, 2008
Fun, family and friends
We have a had a busy, but fun week. Thursday my niece came to stay. She was with us until Sunday morning. The missionaries came to eat Thursday night. The are so nice. Friday I drove the missionaries around and I took the kids to the temple visitor center. It was cool...for about 5 min. Then the kids were DONE. So, we left and headed home to get ready for the Grover family Christmas party. We had a ton of yummy food, and Santa came to see us...Thanks, Grandma Grover for setting it all up. The kids had a blast. Then Saturday was my family Christmas party. I would post pictures, but I failed to take any. Justin, Hailey, Jesse, Brooke, and Jaden all came. We had a really great meal...if I do say so myself. Justin brought tater babies and tot sticks and I made meatballs, a cheese ball, lil smokies, crescent rolls with chicken or tuna salad, veggie plate, toothpicks with olives, cheese and pickle, and an assortment of snacks. I was rather pleased with the way it all turned out. My brother...whom I never think notices the efforts put in to things...said, "Have you ever thought about catering?" What a compliment!! It made the whole days work worth it! And, yes, I would LOVE to cater. But, it will have to wait. We played Bonanza (a bean farming game) and Scattergories. We talked and had a great time. I just wish we would do it more often! They all left about 12 and Jess and Brooke stayed the night. I realized that I had to teach Relief Society, so I was scrambling to get my lesson prepared. I had read it, but that was it. Sunday morning Jess and Brooke left around 10:30 or 11. I got the kids ready, myself ready and headed off to the last 1 1/2 hours of church... Just to find out that the Stake RS Presidency would be there for my unprepared lesson. It actually turned out rather well, and they all said it was great. Thank goodness!!!! Then after home teachers left and Troy got done loading his truck, we headed off to Troy's parents. Adam and Kayla made steak and lobster. Yummy, Thanks a ton!! I made a Mascarpone cheesecake with caramel topping. We attempted family pictures for Christmas cards and headed home. Whew! Wat a busy week! Today I am catching up...laundry, sheet changing, toy cleaning, and I am watching my neighbor's son. It is nice because it keeps Daeson happy. The holidays are so busy, but I kinda like the hustle and bustle. Happy Monday to all...and there are only 10 days until Christmas!!! I can't wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want another Mascarpone cheesecake piece. That was so yummy! Maybe I'll order one for Adam's and mine annivesary!
Post a Comment