I get a bit of alone time today. I am so grouchy that Troy took the kids to let me get things done. Grouchy, you ask? Jandy? Never!! I know, it is very hard to believe that I of all people am grouchy...unless you know me, then you know that it is not all that uncommon. :) The sad thing is that my kids had nothing to do with it. In fact, they bring me comfort and joy when I am in my moods. It is when I am left alone that I cry and let everything go. I don't think it is depression for all of you who just made that assesment...it is hormones and emotions all tied into one. I am so tired lately and that doesn't help either. And this weather???
I guess there are several contributors to my grouchiness. Although my brother just spent several days working on our den, it will still not be finished before Christmas. He got his part done, but we need someone to come texture the ceiling and blend where the wall meets the ceiling. Then I have to prime and paint and we have to decide on the flooring. It is almost impossible to decide that because we can't agree on anything. So, in the mean time, I have no Christmas tree or decorations up because I have no place to put them. My living room is wall-to-wall furniture until that room is finished. Here it is Dec. 2, and I have no sign of Christmas. And, although I hate the snow, I rather miss it. It just doesn't feel like Christmas in any way. We did start the chocolate advent calendars, thanks Mom! I don't even have my shopping done...no thanks to Shopko being out of everything on my list. I still have a few things for the 12 days of Christmas to pick up, and we have to find a toy for Daeson and Tevan...just a small one. I am usually done shopping in July with the gifts wrapped by Halloween so that I enjoy this time of year, but no this year. I slacked.
I think another thing that I am sad about...I know this is going to sound completely childish...but I miss my mom and dad. I did get to see them for a couple days over Thanksgiving, but when they come, their time is spread so thin. Everyone else wants to see them and spend time with them. We are up here, and everyone else is down there. It seems like it is so rushed when they come. I wish so badly they would move closer, but I don't think it is likely to happen in the next 10 years. And that makes me so sad. What I would give to have my parents here...close. I guess it just makes me so much more gratelful for my in-laws. Although they cannot replace my parents, they are so great to my family. They would do anything I asked. For that I am thankful.
So, I must conclude this post and get busy with my very dusty house. Jaden sheetrocked, taped and mudded...and it left a TON of dust. I decided I would LOVe to be on one of the home make over shows...vacation while the construction was being done. How nice!!
Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Thank you Justin and Hailey for hosting. And thank you, Santa, for making a very special visit!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No worries - I'll come Christmas shopping with you ANYDAY if you want. Just you and me and no kids!
And put up a tree - it will make you feel much more in the Christmas spirit. I'm going to buy you a real one if you guys won't put on up! :)
Hey Jandy, I seen your blog on a few friends so I thought I would come check it out. It is so fun to see how everyone's families are growing. And you are not the only one out there that gets moody or sad, some people just hide it more than others. I get sad and stressed and moody and you name it, this time of year without my family near also. So you are definitly not alone. I do wish you and your family (darling boys bytheway) a Very Merry Christmas.
Hilarie (Daniels) Thompson
Can I add your blog to my list?
Post a Comment