I am going at this from memory. I made it last night...here it goes:
Twice baked potato soup
6 large baked potatoes, skins removed and pulp mashed (not like mashed potatoes, but chunky)
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c finely chopped sweet onion
5 c broth...we used 1/2 veggie and 1/2 chicken ( if you buy the cans, it is 3 plus some of a fouth...if you don't want to open a fourth can, maybe it would work to dilute the rest with water??? I used 4 and reseved the rest)
2 Tbsp chives, or 1 Tbsp frsh chopped chives
1/4 c light cream...I used a little more, like 1/2 c
Potato toppers: crumbles bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream...ect.
In a 3 qt saucepan, saute onion and better until onions are soft. Add the broth and 5 c mashed pulp, reserving the rest. Heat through. In a blender, scoop 1/3 of the mixture and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl. Repeat until all of the mixture is blended. Pour mixture back into the saucepan and stir in the chives and cream. Heat for five more minutes, be sure to stir often as it will stick to your pan. In your soup bowls, divide the remaining pulp. Pour soup over the pulp and top with your favorite toppers.
Serves about 6.
Troy really liked this, and so did my kids. The bacon makes it really yummy as does the cheese. I bought the Real bacon bits off the salad dressing isle, making this very easy and my house didn't stink. You can add more chives if you like them, I thought it was a bit much to add more. I served this with Geraldine rolls and it was start to finish in about 20 minutes. If you don't have left over potatoes, nuke them in the microwave for about 15-20 minutes and you still have dinner done in under an hour. If you have any questions, give me a holler. This was a really good and fast meal. Bon appetite!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment