Friday, November 20, 2009
Christmas Shopping Anxiety
If you know me, you know that once I set my mind to doing something I don't stop until it is done. Well, I started Christmas shopping the last couple of weeks. I cannot reveal what I bought because my family would know what they are going to open on Christmas. I am almost finished and I am very glad that I will be able to enjoy the holiday season. I need to purchase one more gift for my mother, I need to get Gma Sarah and Gma and Gpa Lish's made. I have my dad's to finish and I have one more item to purchase for Brad and Heidi. Troy and I decided that we would not purchase any presents for each other this year because of the shed and the other projects we have done this year. We also decided that our boys would receive one present from us and one from SC. Every year I do the 12 days of Christmas for them and that goes along with their Christmas. So I guess technically I do 13 presents for them. This year I have the following 12 days for the boys: Day 1: Homemade aprons, Day 2: Two large coloring books, Day 3: Three snowmen on a bowl (they have the cutest snowmen bowls with "floating" snowflakes at walmart), Day 4: Four finger paints, Day 5: $5.00 GC to McD's, Day 6: Six books and tapes, Day 7: Seven piece coloring set, Day 8: 8 oz floaty soap, Day 9: Nine cracker jacks (my kids LOVE cracker jacks for snacks on long trips), Day 10: Ten Holiday Cakes (I bought little Debbie holiday cakes), Day 11: Eleven sugar cookies (we will make and decorate sugar cookies and deliver to our friends and neighbors), Day 12: Twelve month calendar (Daeson's is Spongebob and Tevan's is Blue's Clues). It is harder and harder every year to think of things to give the boys. I might have to start sneaking ideas from my mom's lists that she did for us. :) I have no idea what to get the boys from SC. We have not made our lists yet, nor will we until AFTER Thanksgiving! I am all over shopping BEFORE Thanksgiving, but I feel like Thanksgiving always gets the shaft! I feel like it is a time we need to be Thankful for what we have so that we are not so thirsty for Christmas gifts. Just a thought. I am thankful that the bulk of my shopping is DONE and that I will be able to enjoy the reason for the season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the 12 days of christmas idea. Very cute.
I'm with Mary... I love that 12 days of Christmas idea!
I love Thanksgiving too!
We only have 1 more Christmas gift and stocking stuffers to buy too! ;)
I am also almost done with my Christmas shopping. I don't like the pressure of having it to do during the holidays. I am happy for your new calling in Primary. You will be great. Joyce
Post a Comment