My Grandma and my cousin, Katie, and I went to the temple yesterday. I have not been to do a session since I was prego with Tevan and I had forgotten how wonderful it is. My cousin just received her mission call a couple of weeks ago and has been to more temples than I have! She is such a good girl and I am proud of her! It was a neat experience to go through a session with my Gram! I was just beaming!
I have to teach RS tomorrow and the lesson is on the Restoration and the Fullness of times and the temple. In one of the questions it talks about how we feel about our callings in the church and I thought about that long and hard. I know sometimes we get a calling that we are not excited about, and sometimes we know someone who we think could do a far better job. And, I know sometimes someone we know gets a calling and we wonder why on earth they were called to that position. And there are times that some people are turned away from the church because of someone holding an authoritative position "wronged" them. But the fact of the matter is this: the gospel is true. We are able to worship how we want in this country. We are ABLE to attend church for three hours each and every week. We are able to attend the TEMPLE for a two-hour session. We have the ability to watch/read/hear a living PROPHET and our other leaders talk to us and give us modern day revelation twice a year in general conference. I have been that person who knows a more fitting person for a calling. I have murmured about someone I didn't feel was living up to their calling. I have been offended by someone in an authoritative position before. But the gospel has never changed. The truths are there. I know that if the gospel were not true, if it were a hoax, it would have faltered long ago. I will truly try more diligently to be an apostle of Christ. I will try to be an example to all around me. I will try to not murmur and I will try to be more like Him. I have so many faults, and I am sure some people have thought that I am inadequate for the callings I have been asked to serve in. I am sure that I have offended more than one person, but never intentionally.
As we go through this live, striving to be the best we can, trying to make it once again to our Heavenly Father, I hope we can all try harder to be like Him. I hope we can overlook the wrong-doings. I hope we can forgive one another. I hope that we can find the time in our busy schedules to serve Him, to attend our meetings, and to attend the wonderful and glorious temples that we have all over this earth. I hope that we realize what a blessing it is to live in this dispensation. I hope we can all live up to what is expected of us. I know that when I die, I hope that I will be able to teturn to my Father and have my loved ones with me. I know He wants us to be happy and I know that He has shown us the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jandy! I have always looked up to you since you worked at Broulims- to The Bank of Commerce! You are such a wonderful person!
I love your post today- I love your blog. Susie gave me the link to your blog... I hope you don't mind! I would love to invite you to mine, email me your email @ aalee38@wmconnect.com
Love, Amber Lee
Post a Comment