Today my heart is mixed with many emotions. I will no longer be teaching Relief Society every second Sunday. I have enjoyed studying the lessons and relaying them to the sisters. It has been refreshing to go to my meetings. I thouroughly enjoy Sunday School and I feel like I have taken so much from these meetings. I feel it was an honor and privlege to teach RS. I will truly miss the wonderful sisters and the Spirit I have felt there.
However, the Lord has a different calling in mind. I will now be serving with Barbara as a second councelor in the Primary presidency. I am nervous and excited about this calling. I know the primary is involved with the scouts and that absolutely terrifies me. I know, having two little boys, I will eventually have to embrace Cub Scouts, but I thought I had another 3 1/2 years! :) However, I am very suprised to have this calling extended to me and I know working with Barbara will be very fun. She is a remarkable person and I have admired her since she has moved into the ward. The other councelor, Becky, is very fun and has wonderful ideas. She is definatley someone to look up to, also. So, as I go forward with this calling, I will do it with a happy attitude...no more mumblings or complaints from this mouth. It is time to step up to the bar and just do it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You will be great! scouting isn't as hard as it looks. it just takes some time and energy. Both of which you are super capable of. Good luck. Primary is the best. They don't sing wiggle songs in RS!
Jr primary and the nursery is the only calling in the church where those you serve are without sin and satin can not tempt them. Because of this satin work extremely hard to cause those called to serve little children to become discouraged and frustrated. When Christ visited the Americas the first thing he did was gather the children and bless them-- Then he taught the people. How lucky you are to be trusted with these little ones. You will do great.(even with the boy scouts)And I agree the music is the best.
K Lou is right- scouts isn't that bad! It reminds me of YW. They are both involved but I liked scouts after getting into. I had the same thought as you- I was not excited in the least to be involved- but now I would love a scout calling! Primary is the best- kids are the BEST way to start people!! :0)
Hey! Congrats! I was just put in as 2nd counselor in Primary also. We are trying to get new teachers for the new year and have the biggest nursery in the stake. Forty seven nursery kids. I did sharing time my first week in the presidency. I am over activity day girls, nursery, and sunbeams. Ken is assistant cubmaster so we are already filled with Scouts. Good luck.
Post a Comment