Sunday, September 5, 2010
Canning season
I have a ton of pics and a lot to catch up on, but it will have to wait until my two boxes of peaches are canned. I just finished 16 quarts of chicken soup (for use in noodle soup, pot pie or chicken and dumplings), 3 quarts chunked chicken, and 30ish quarts of beef stew. I also did 20ish half-pints salsa and 30 quarts spaghetti sauce. I still want to do corn, peach jam, peach chutney and some more chicken. I am very experimental this year. It has been very fun and adventurous. I love trying new things. I will tell you the one thing I will never bottle...or eat for that matter: mincemeat. Do you know what is in that???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy Moley!! You are canning QUEEN!! Funny about that mincemeat! If you go by the recipe on the classic movie State Fair- you need 3 parts good Brandy. It's not Grandma Stidge's with out it!! :0)
You are a canning QUEEN> Good for you though... I did some canning this year and I was pleased with my results! YAY!
Post a Comment