I am grateful for sunshine. We are supposed to get snow or rain tomorrow. But, hey, we will take the sun while we can get it! Some days you just need a breath of fresh air to get you through the upcoming months!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
a breath of fresh air
Today it reached a whopping 54* in my fair city! I am so glad it warmed up! Tevan had preschool today, his Valentine's Day party and he had a blast. While he was gone, Daeson and I put vinyl decals on our baby girl's walls. Unfortunately, they are not sticking very well. Troy got home just in time to get Tevan while I made lunch...open face sandwiches with mashed potatoes, peas and pears. The kids ate really well and Troy did too :)! I love a meal that I can make everyone happy! Then I made tomorrow's dinner: shepherd's pie. We took Daeson to school, picked up Troy's work truck from the shop, got Tevan a bed frame for his bed...finally and then I vacuumed and wiped down our car. Oh this felt so good to be able to do!! I got out Tevan's Diego bike and let him cruise the drive way. When Troy got back from picking Daeson up, I vacuumed his car too. I must admit I did his car half-heartedly since I am not the one who drives it and it is not very clean anyway. Sorry, Troy! The boys and I headed to the church parking lot for a nice snowless bike/scooter ride. The kids had a blast and by the time we came in, it was chilly. I loved the sunshine today. I think it was so good for the boys and I to get out of the house. Everything was melting, the snow was turning into water, and the sun was shining bright. I even secretly hoped I would have gotten sunburned. We had some friends stop by the parking lot to play, too. It was a lot of fun to have some mom time while we watched the cute rug-rats play. I made a fantastic dinner of left-over french toast and bacon and orange juice. The kids bathed eagerly and we had a lazy night. They finally got to sleep and I gave myself a mani-pedi. I must admit it is not as relaxing as going to the spa, but it will do just fine. My feet are starting to swell. I was happy to get the six-month old nail polish off my toes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree completely!!! It only hit like 45* here, but it felt SO nice! I vacuumed but car too. There is still WAY to much snow, but a day of sunshine was what we needed.
Post a Comment