Wednesday, February 23, 2011

snow, visits, and Las Vegas

Saturday Tevan and I ventured south for a haircut. My sister in law cuts hair and I needed a new look. I cannot do anything about the way my body looks right now, so the next best thing is a drastic change to my hair. I had it all one length and now it has several layers and thinned dramatically! I like the way it turned out and I really like that I can still wear it curly or I can straighten it. It is barely long enough to pull it up, but that's okay. My mom and I both got cuts. My dad watched the boys at my brother's house and they had fun. My nephew, Jaxon, was there and he was adorable. He is so fun! Daeson actually spent the night Friday night, so he was already down there. He went rollerskating for the first time with my niece, Brooke, my bro and sis in law. He didn't like it much he said and got bored really fast. Maybe next time...practice makes perfect!

We get a lot of snow where I am from. A lot. It snowed and blew Sunday. The power went out on Sunday morning about 5:30 am. The stake president wanted us to hold church still, but after the 9:00 meeting, it was freezing in the building. The Bishop called church off. We have church at 11 and the power came back on at 11:30. I was secretly praying in my heart that it would be cancelled, but kinda sad it was. My kids and I were actually ready at 10:50 and walking to the church when we got the cancellation call. We were ready for church on time. This NEVER happens! However, I was able to get the house cleaned up and ready for my parents to visit.

They got here Sunday night and we had stir-fry and dessert crepes. Delicious! I love crepes and I know that my dad loves crepes! Daeson was out of school Monday for Pres. Day, so we got to see my parents without interruption. My mom and I shopped and Troy and my dad took the boys. I found a cute baby girl outfit at JCPenney on clearance and I was soooo tempted to buy everything I saw. They have their baby girl Easter dresses out right now and they are gorgeous! I wanted to buy one of every size and style! But, I resisted! My mom purchased a couple of things for the baby also. I am getting excited and as it gets closer to her arrival, I pray the ultra sound tech was right! I am keeping my boy things for now...just in case!

My mom and dad left Tuesday morning and we were all sad to see them go. We don't get to visit them much, so when they come we love to hoard them. My dad has an I PAD and quickly became my boys hero when he downloaded Angry Birds. The kids thought that was pretty darn neat. They play on our phones, but the I PAD is sooo much bigger.

Friday we are flying to Vegas for a much needed vacay. We are excited. My sister and brother in law are watching the kids and we cannot wait until Friday night. It should be a ton of fun. Troy needs a break from work and we have some friends keeping an eye on things here. So...nothing to worry about. We are meeting my mom and dad down there. We will come home Monday afternoon. It should be about 60-70* there and for that I am so excited. I am tempted to take my flip-flops! We are still trying to figure out where to stay Sunday night, my parents will be on their way back home by then. We don't really know many of the casinos and hotels as far as where to stay because we usually stay in my parent's condo. We have stayed in the Luxor and Mandalay Bay, but we are not too familiar with the others. We have been in all the casinos for the most part and really wanted to stay at MGM or somewhere like that, but I am too cheap to fork out the money for an expensive hotel. It should be a ton of fun wherever we stay. I will be glad to get out and do some walking! Now I get to concentrate on getting everyone ready. Laundry, house work, and fridge-cleaning are more fun to do when I have a purpose! I will be whistling while I work today and tomorrow! Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Can't wait to see your new hairdo!!!

We've stayed in the New York, new york a couple of times and really like it there. It is a little bit more expensive though.