Thursday, February 17, 2011
Childhood memories
Over the years I have received, acquired, been handed-down, purchased and inherited many things. I have sold, given away, ebayed, craigslisted, freecycled, and D.I.ed many things. Most of the things I have not regretted getting rid of to make room for our growing family and the kids' toys. However, when I was four or five I was given a pink and white cupboard. This cupboard was given to my mother by, I believe, her grandfather. She refinished it for me twenty something years ago and I got it for Christmas one year. I loved this cupboard. I played with this cupboard, if I remember correctly, daily. When we moved to Malad, it got stuck out in the shed and for the most part it got ruined. I had it here at my home for a while then it went back to my parents where we discovered it had molded and was no longer a safe toy. Now that my baby girl is coming soon, my heart aches for that cupboard. I have a few pictures of it when I first received it, but none since then. I would love to recreate this cupboard identical to the way it was. I wish so badly I could pass on this heirloom cupboard made by my daughter's great-great grandfather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment