Thursday, February 10, 2011

Running around wild

Well, this morning I got up, ready, fed the kids, got Tevan to school, dropped off a couple of things to a friend, got the oil changed, filled the car with gas, picked up a couple of forgotten items at the grocery store, did two batches of laundry, got Daeson ready for school, packed while Troy picked up Tevan, folded some laundry, ran to JoAnns for some snaps for an unfinished project, cheated and went to the deli for lunch and took Daeson to school. Daeson and I enjoyed some delicious sushi for lunch...he even had an orange roll. If you are not sure what an orange roll is, it has some crab, cucumber and I think avacado and cream cheese in it then rolled in fish eggs. Yup. Fish eggs. He loved it and even continued eating it after I told him what was in it! Tevan stuck to mac and cheese :).

I just loaded the car for our fun cabin trip and it is stuffed to the brim. I just realized the suitcases are waiting for the laundry in the dryer and they are not in the car. Hmm. If I ask Troy, he will tell me to leave my sewing projects home. This is not going to happen. I would rather leave the carb-filled junk food home than my sewing machine and projects. Where to put the suitcases?? It is a good thing this baby girl still fits in my tummy...we would have to leave some major gear home to fit her in the car. :) I hate packing and unloading for trips, but I try to take everything that I can think of...it never fails. The one thing you forget is the one thing we end up needing. It should be a super fun weekend.

There are a few necessary things we have to do while up to the cabin: Daeson has to prepare and make 24 Valentine cards for school Monday. This I have packed stamps, paper, scraps, glue and heart hole punchers. He might protest that the paper is PINK, but it is Valentine's Day and pink is a must. I do think that having a girl gets me into the pink mood, too! Also, we are in charge of a couple meals. I have breakfast one morning. We are having french toast, hashbrowns, bacon and sausage. The other meal we are splitting and it is hawaiian haystacks. Delicious. I am in charge of the chicken gravy, rice and cake. The cake is a Valentine's Day/ brithday cake. It is my other mother's birthday on Saturday and it should be a fun celebration.

So, without further delay, I must get the rest of the packing done and loaded into the already cramped car. Sigh...just to unload it all in a couple of hours!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy your time away!