I know that there are some people God puts in our lives. I don't think that it is all by chance that we make the friends that we make. There is a time and a season for everything and everyone.
A few years ago I was sitting in a Relief Society meeting. It was outside...I believe at the Ward's home. We were chatting and having a great time. We all had to write on papers. I am not sure exactly what the activity was but we wrote something about ourselves and we had to guess who it was. The only story that I remember was about a girl who was changing her oil one day. She was a college student at BYUI and she had talked to her dad and he proceeded to tell her how to change the oil. She did. She was excited but didn't know where to put it. She dumped it if I remember correctly and got into trouble. I remember sitting in that meeting listening to this story and thinking, I need to get to know this girl. She seems super fun!
I did get to know her. I developed a strong, very strong respect for her. I have grown close to this amazing person over the last few years and I have watched her triumphs and struggles. I have laughed and I have cried with her. I have been blessed to have her in my life and she has helped me more than ever. More than she will ever know. Tonight I had this girl and her wonderful family consisting of five beautiful little girls and a great husband over for dinner. They are moving Saturday. A very very large piece of her will stay here with me. I am so sad to see her move. It literally breaks my heart. However, my season with Rachel has passed for now. She will touch so many lives in her new town. She will help so many more sisters. And, I know that we will see each other off and on. This is not a permanent separation. I know God sent her to me. I know I needed her to help me in my life. I know that the Lord chose her to pull me and help me and comfort me in this season.
I know Rachel that I told you tonight how much you have helped me. But words are not enough. Through conversations and service and actions, you have helped me become a better person. You have shown me that it is okay to not be able to do everything. It is okay to put things on the back burner and wait. You cleaned my very gross and dirty house when I was sick and pregnant. You brought sweet Violet, a baby herself, and you pregnant to spend the entire afternoon scrubbing counters, toilets and dishes. You brought me delicious food on an afternoon that I could not function. You have listened to my sob stories and responded to the silliest posts. You truly are a daughter of God. He loves you and I am lucky enough to have had you in my life. I love you Rachel so much. We are truly eternal friends and I know that you are a gift to me from our Heavenly Father. I will miss you and your beautiful girls. Girlies, love your mommy! You will learn so much from her. She loves you more than life itself. Nels, you are a great husband and daddy. I have been inspired by the stories Rachel has told me about you. You are perfect for each other. Be safe. Sandpoint is so lucky to have your family! You will continue to inspire me and I know you will inspire others. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Jandy. I love you so much. I'm so thankful that the Lord brought you into my life. Thank you for all the love and friendship that you have shared with me throughout the years. A couple years ago, I was really having a hard time . . . feeling a little bit lonely for some of the friends that have moved far away. I remember praying that the Lord would help me to find new friends. You were the first person that came to my mind and I decided to get to know you better. How thankful I am that the Lord directed me to you. As I've had the chance to build our friendship, I have been taught so much. And there is nothing in the world that compares to having a friend that you feel genuinely understands you. You have truly been a "bosom friend" to me. Thank you.
I hope that you know, over the years that we have been friends, I have felt the love that our Heavenly Father has for you over and over again. He loves you and he loves your family. I know that he is mindful of you. I hope (more than any other thing that you have gotten out of our friendship) I have been able to help you feel his love for you --- because you have certainly done that for me as you have served and loved and listened to me. I don't know if that makes sense, but your selfless friendship has lifted me every time we are together. Thank you, Jandy. I love you so very much.
Post a Comment