To quote the Stones:
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need.
There are many emotions rolling inside of me today. I received a phone call yesterday from the manager at Fred Meyer. He said they were impressed with my application/resume and that they were looking forward to meeting with me. He said I would be called today or tomorrow for an interview. I haven't heard anything yet, but I am sure they will call like he said.
I am anxious, restless, tired and a mess. I don't feel great about working. Yet I don't feel bad either. I am not sure what to do. I figure I will go into the interview and atleast find out the hours, pay, and benefits. If they are not what our family needs or can handle, atleast I have tried. Maybe that will be that I need to work, or maybe it will be that I need to stay home.
Kaebryn. Oh sweet Kaebryn. When she was tiny, she wriggled out of the blanket and rolled off the couch one night. Since then, she has not been able to turn her head to the left on her own. At her two month visit, I asked the doctor about it. He gave me some exercises to do with her. We have done these exercises faithfully. Her head is becoming mis-shapen. She still won't turn her head to the left. Today she fought me and screamed. She cried for an hour. Nonstop screaming. Then she exhausted herself and fell asleep. She is resting now, but wakes up to whimper and let out some soft cries. I am afraid she is broken. Because I go to the most sought-after doctors in the area, I cannot get her in until next Tuesday. One week. I tried to get them to get her in earlier, but no luck. I made a really good case, too. We have considered changing doctors, but I really like the one we go to. He is so sweet to my kids and they all love him. He is very knowledgeable and he can answer any question I have. So I scheduled the appointment. However, if her screams return after her nap, I might have to go somewhere else. I looked back through pictures and she has not always favored her right side. In fact in a lot of the pictures she has her head turned to the left. Until that day when she fell of the couch. I have large feelings of guilt right now. I have no idea how she could have fallen off the couch but she did under my watch. Sigh...
Daeson is loving school. He is doing very well and I could not be happier with his teacher. Initially I requested this teacher and they placed him into the other class. He was thrilled because some of his friends were in that class. We were super excited. Then on Back-to-School Night, we got a phone call from the school asking if Daeson would switch classes to accommodate the other student. We said that would be fine, Daeson was sad. But I am truly happy he is learning so much. He has a man teacher and he relates very well with the students.
Tevan. He is doing well. He is not going to preschool this year due to the change on our financial situation. But he is okay with it. He is trying to read and he loves to hang out with me. Mostly he watches cartoons when sissy is sleeping so I can get things done. I feel guilty about that, but I think I would feel more guilty for not having meals cooked or clean clothes to wear. When sissy is awake, we go on walks and read books. he plays outside and has a good time running off some of his energy.
Troy is busy. his last day of work was today. He is a free man, sort of. He has school tests this week for all of his classes so we have been studying. Ga is Gallium. We remember that because of our friends, Gallups. Ge is Germanium because it has German in it. He begged me to stop using Selena Gomez for Se, but every time he is able to come up with Selenium. See it works! He has a lot on his plate this week. But he will survive. I have been trying to help him as much as I can. Plus, I am learning too.
So through these trials, we might not get what we want. But we might just find what we need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Jandy. I wish that I could be more of a support to you right now . . . so much going on for both of us. I hope you know how much I love you. You have been (and continue to be) such a wonderful friend to me.
You are a wonderful mother. Don't beat yourself up about Kaebryn. Things like that happen --- to all parents. Some without incident and others much worse. You'll get her into the doctor and everything will be just fine. I hope that she was pleasant after she woke up from her nap! I'm positive that whatever is going on is nothing that can't be remedied. She'll be fine. - And so will you! :)
Good luck with all that is coming. You will make it through and you will absolutely have what you need. I KNOW it's scary. But all will be well. I keep telling myself the same thing. :) But you know, even though I can't see the end right now, I have to believe that the Lord does. That this is the best way. For you, too. He always comes through. I'll keep you in my prayers! I love you.
Good thought Jandy -- isn't it the truth -- we usually get what we need not what we want. I'm sorry about Kbryn. Don't blame yourself. Like your friend said above, the Lord has a plan and He will help us. And I will too -- just let me know!
Post a Comment