Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Babe!


Today Troy turned 33. We kept it very low-key and had a nice Sunday. I wanted to do a big party...if you know me, you know I like to throw a party for any reason. But, I restrained and did a very small birthday. Richard, Kaden, Adam and family, Grandma Grover and cousin Jayden came for steak salad...YUMMY!! It's a Food Nanny recipe. Then we had zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting, it was yummy also. Kara and Jaimen and Dave came to have a slice...and then Troy distributed some more cake. It was nice to have good weather and it was great to have Troy to ourselves all day. He is officially done working now and we see him a little bit more. Also, I have to announce that the average on the Biology mid-term exam was a 69%...Troy got a 98%!! WOOOWOOO! So, I will honor Troy by listing some of my fave things about him.(in no particular order)
1. He loves me.
2. He loves our kids.
3. He is smart.
4. He is kind.
5. He is a hard worker.
6. He would do anything for anyone.
7. He honors his Priesthood.
8. He hasn't missed a Sunday going to church for over two months.
9. He lifts me up when I am down.
10. He is good with tools and making things.
11. He likes to laugh and tell jokes.
12. He is honest.
13. He doesn't say bad things about anyone...even when I do.
14. He loves his family.
15. He makes people feel special.
16. He is working his bum off so we can have a great future.
17. He He loves that I stay home and be a mom.
18. He is really good with the kids and explaining things to them.
19. He makes up stories and tells them to the boys...Teddy and Rastus is a fave
20. He reads to the kids and gives each character their own voice.
21. He is a great brother, son and uncle.
22. He will take Sissy for me when I am tired, even if he is dog tired.
23. He has more patience than I do.
24. He likes cartoons.
25. He will watch a chick-flick with me even when he doesn't want to.
26. No matter what time it is, he will help a friend.
27. He likes to pick out clothes and had fashion sense.
28. He laughs at my jokes...and I cannot tell a joke!
29. He teaches by example.
30. He is strong willed.
31. He will rub my back and play with my hair at 2 am if I cannot sleep.
32.He is thrifty.
And the thing I love most about Troy...
33. He married me!

No comments: