Monday, September 5, 2011

I will hold them longer...

Today I spent the day with my Gram. I am pleased to announce she is doing great and she has her smile back. She has been quite sick and I am so grateful she is doing quite well. We visited, shopped, ate, and visited some more. It was quite enjoyable. While at JoAnn's, Tevan decided to throw several fits. I was quite upset about his attitude and his actions. I was even more upset when a worker, who has never been married or has never had kids, made a snide remark about the way my child was acting. AS IF I ENCOURAGE HIS TANTRUMS!!! It was hard enough having him screaming and kicking while I was holding a very hungry and tired Kaebryn. I just blew it off and decided that lady will one day realize what I was going through at that very moment.

After dinner was put away and the kids were all bathed and in their jammies, we headed home. It was just before nine pm. After being on the road about 20 minutes, traffic came to a complete stop. I was stopped for about and hour and 15 minutes. I was grumbling, so I called Troy and complained. I was tired. The kids, thank Heavens, were all sleeping, including little Miss. I was so thankful. When the traffic started to go, I got excited. I was so glad that whatever the problem was was now being fixed and cleared up. I was still grumbling until I passed the cause of the delay.

It was a Honda Accord looking car with the front completely gone. The back was smashed. There was no way the passengers were okay. I realized that the one hour and 15 minute delay was inconvenient for me, but the members of that family or the doctors and paramedics would have a lot more worry time than I did. I had nothing to grumble about. My family was safe. They were with me, breathing, alive. As I continued to drive, I saw some of the debris from the car on the road. Diapers. Diapers were scattered. That family had a baby. This broke my heart. I am so sad for that family tonight and I pray Heavenly Father will comfort them. I pray he will take the pain from them.

I hugged my babies tonight. I thanked Heavenly Father for them...even for the tantrums they throw. I thanked Heavenly Father that I arrived home safely, that the diapers on the road were not Kaebryn's. I thanked Heavenly Father for life. No matter how many tantrums Tevan throws, no matter how many sneaky things the boys do, no matter how many late nights I have with Sissy, I am so grateful my children are healthy and happy. I am so glad they are mine and they are able to think and act physically themselves. So tonight, hug your babies a little longer. Hold them and love them. Thank the Lord they are yours!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my goodness Jandy. I experienced this so SO many times this last year. Truly we are so blessed and even more when we see those tender mercies from the Lord. I am also so glad those weren't Kaebryn's diapers. It is definitely hard to have kids- but it would be so much harder without them.

Kayla said...

How sad. That story gave me goosebumps.

Unknown said...

That made me cry...Did you ever find out what happened?
Susie said it perfectly.