Saturday, April 19, 2008

Can't we all just get along?

I am on a soapbox...watch out...Okay, so the church that I belong to teaches that we can all be sealed together and live in the life after for Eternity with our families. My question to you is this...what in the world makes us think that if we can't get along in this life that we will be able to get along in the next? I know that our church is true, I do not want to put it across as anything else. I guess maybe I should explain the reason for this particular blog.
Far too often in my family there are quarrels...if they are going to be there, then I am not coming...or, why do you have to invite them?...or, why did you invite that grandma and not the other one? I get so tired of trying to please everyone. Most of the time the reason I don't invite everyone becasue 99% of the time, not everyone comes. It is the same people (which I am grateful for) that come everytime. Why should I waste my time and energy inviting people only to be turned down and then later told that I never invite them and they don't feel welcome. So, back to the title...why does it matter who I choose to invite? Isn't the fact that it is my child's birthday, or my brother's birthday, or my parent's farewell party, or a just because party enough? My sister in law, Kayla, has the most wonderful parents who so happily come to everything. Never once have they said, "Well, if the Grover's are going to be there, I won't come." They have come to so many of our family things and it is wonderful. Not only do we get to be blessed with Kayla in our family, but we get to be blessed with her family. It is such a dream of mine for the animosity to be gone. Why can't people see that it is not the pettiness in the world that matters, but we should just all get along and be happy. If this is how the hereafter is going to be...bickering and fighting over what family member are welcome...then I don't want any part of it. I try so hard to make everyone feel happy and comfortable around each other, but I feel like I am wasting my time. I think that some of the members of my family have it made up in their minds to not be happy. IT IS A CHOICE we make everyday. We can CHOOSE to be happy, WE get to make that CHOICE!!! Redundant? Good...I think it is something we all forget. So, now that I have vented all of that emotion out, I feel better. Sometime I need to just say it...what better way than a blog? My next entry won't be so AAUUUGGGHHH...it will be more pleasant to read. Venting is healthy and it works. I look at my blogs as my journal, so this is the way I choose to vent. SORRY!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Don't you just LOVE the family dynamics? Everyone needs assurance that they are loved, but don't bend over backwards if they don't want to come either. Lots of love from us. See you soon.