Monday, April 14, 2008

A Whirlwind of a day

What a day today has been.

My best friend's dad passed away today. I am still in shock. He was a great man, one who would help anyone in need...I know because I was that person in need a few times. So my prayers and my deepest sympathies go out to her and her family. Kim will be missed...

Barb and I had a date with our kids to visit Reed's Dairy today. I decided to take my boys over there...I told Daeson he could pet the cows and see where the milk was made. When Barb's mother in law picked up her boys from my house I had told her the boys were very sad they couldn't go to the dairy today. As I was walking out, they walked in. Daeson was thrilled to see them...and they were glad to see Daeson and Tevan. It all worked out as a suprise. Daeson had a blast. We ate strawberry icecream and saw the calves. We even got to see where they milked the cows. It was a great, inexpensive field trip. I really enjoyed it and so did the boys.

We ate at Gandolpho's for lunch today. I was in a hurry to grocery shop and all but inhaled my food. Daeson was chattering like normal and I, only half paying attention, told him to hurry and eat. He kept telling me something...I couldn't quite get it. Finally he said, "Mom, we fordot to tay payer." So I stopped and he said a sweet prayer. I was humbled at this, I never think to pray when I go out to eat. I can learn a lot from him!!!

My Grandparents stopped by today. It was great to see them. The boys slept while they were here, but I had a great visit...in between stirring the food to make for Barb. But they were patient with me and let me do what I needed to do.

Now it is almost midnight and I am not going to proof this, just pst. I have to go switch laundry out...we are leaving at 10 to go to Pocatello tomorrow to bid my parents farewell. BUSy BUSY!!!! Till next time...

No comments: