It is one of those days today. BLAH! I don't know if it is because we are getting SNOW right now, or if it is just that nothing seems to be working out right today. I won't go into detail, save you some boring reading. But, I guess I should look at the positive side of things...we are getting more snow so that we will have more water this summer. I am wanting to plant my garden, so maybe I can actually have water to make it grow.
I also wonder if today is one of those days because I have a lot on my mind. I never see Troy...he is gone a lot the last three weeks and now he has to go to a stupid (sorry for the language) meeting in Boise Sunday...leaving me here with the kids, alone. That is exactly how I want to spend my Sunday and Monday...alone. We wanted to go, but it just didn't work out with the van being broken down. So, I will just buck up and deal with it.
I am also starting to be very concerned about the economy, the elections, the state of our country and the whole picture. I worry about what kind of world my children will live in. It is becoming harder and harder to be a stay-at-home-mom and I would just be crushed to leave my kids with someone and go to work. I am realizing more and more how very lucky I am to be here with them. It is a frightening time and I fear it will be worse. Our friend, Andy, came over yesterday and we were talking about the end of the world. We, at first, were joking about it. Then it got turned into a very serious matter to me. I cannot shake it. I know that no one know the day nor time of the Second Coming, and if we are prepared we should not fear...HOLY COW, I AM NOT PREPARED AT ALL!!!! I am not spiritually prepared, I am not disaster prepared, I am not monetarilly prepared and I do not have enough food storage or emergency stuff to be prepared. I know we have been told for a zillion years to get prepared, and now I am starting to panic. I would love to just get things in order and not worry. II am not prepared and I have a lot to do to get there.
Daeson and Tevan, however, are doing great. Daeson tests his waters on a daily basis and my patience run quite thin. But he is a normal two year old boy. His birhtday is coming up and he is extremely excited about that. He asked for a swing set and a puppy. We just got rid of our dogs and already he is asking for more...oh boy. I jsut feel bad I am the mean mom who has to say no. But, we might be able to do the swing set thing...we will see. He doesn't want anything else, so I hope we can pull it off. Maybe for both their birthdays??? My birthday is also coming up...I have given some thought to what I want. I decided there is a lot of things that I want but what could I get the most use out of??? I think I decided on quilting racks...Troy gave me the leg things for Christmas, now I need the 2*4s to go on them, and the clamps and tacs. I also would really like a new sewing machine. BIG ORDER!!! But, I have a lot of sewing and quilting to do, so that is the final wish. Tevan doesn't really understand anything that is going on. He is such a carefree, easy going spirit that he just goes day to day happily. I could learn something from him, I am sure of it.
Well, Happy Thursday to all of you!!! It is almost FRIDAY!!!! HHOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!!!...oh, that means nothing to me, but maybe to the rest of you...one more day to go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment