Sunday, October 5, 2008

Malad High School Reunion Class of 1998

I have been accused of being bold, and last night I was talking to Janet and Gillian at the reunion. We decided I should be a gossip columnist...it would be perfect for me. Not that I like to gossip, I just like to be in the know! :)
I had a great time last night catching up with all of my classmates...or the ones that were there. We missed those who were not. And, honestly, I had forgotten some. Brad had a slide show last night, and I was sooo surprised to have forgotten so many names! I took my cake but no one would cut it. So, I left it on plates in hopes that someone would take it home.
I got the boys' pictures taken. She did a great job and Troy is so excited about them. I just need to get them ordered now. Annette is a very talented photographer and a great friend. I was sad that we didn't get to see Heather, but I hope to see her next week.
I was an hour late for the reunion...my "short visits" were not so short. And in return, I was and hour and a half late for pictures. The weather was yucky, but Brad's cabin was huge and it accommodated us all very well. We did a group picture (good idea, Janet!) just with our little cameras, but not everyone stuck around for it. I will see if I can remember who was there: John Allen (wife Camille), Megan Daines (baby), Tyson Daniels (wife Jilliene?), Mandi Davis, Brooke Blaisdell (husband Shawn), Gillian Farley (husband Seth), Eric Buehler (wife), JaRon Crowther (husband Andre and kids Reagan and Adam), Mindy Griffiths (daughter), Brad Horsely (wife Kristen and son), Victor Hubbard (wife), Kenny Peterson, Clint Price (wife), Chris Jones (girlfriend?), Cort Jones (wife and son), Trevor Neal (wife?), Brent and Brian Schow, Jamie Scouten (husband Tyrell), Janet Tubbs, Bryan Seamons (wife Alicia), Janita Showell (husband and kids), Myself (and kids Daeson and Tevan), Tanya Ward (husband Danny), Brian Thomas (girlfriend), and Burt Willie (wife?). I am so sorry if I forgot anyone!!! Those with question marks I didn't meet and are speculations. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad now that I went. I did get butterflies though. Seeing classmates from 10 years ago is always awkward. I was happy to see everyone. In the earlier post about everyone changing, it is true. We are not in high school anymore, and for the most part we are all grown up and headed in the right direction. I am proud to say that I am a graduate of the class of 1998. We have all done well and it makes me smile.
It was hard going back to Malad. No family there anymore. As I drove by my old house, I was saddened to not stop. It looks good though, they have put a lot of work into it. And, they can park in the garage!!! :) Just kidding, Dad. But, it does look good. A lot of people asked about my parents and that made me happy. It makes me know that despite the hardships they had, they were liked and loved by the people of Malad. My dad was a great asset to Malad and did a lot of services there. It is just sad that they were often overlooked and more often than not overworked.
Now for some pictures. Believe it or not, I only got a few! October 4, 2008:

Okay, not sure why it is sideways, hmmm. This is the picture on the cake.


Not too big of a pic, but I will try:
Back Row: Janet Tubbs, JaRon Crowther, Mindy Griffiths, Tanya Ward
Middle Row: Brent Schow, Brain Schow, Burt Willie, Tyson Daniels, Brad Horsely, Trevor Neal, Brian Thomas, Cort Jones, Victor Hubbard, Clint Price, Megan Daines, Gillian Farley, Bryan Seamons, Chris Jones
Front Row: Brooke Blaisdell, Mandi Davis, Jaime Scouten, Jandy Smith, John Allen.
Well, there ya go. The Malad High School Class of 1998 10 Year Reunion. Good luck for the next 10 years...it might be that long before I see many of you again. Thanks to all of those who helped and put it together. I know it was a lot of work...it was appreciated!!! Thank you!

6 comments:

Jaime And Tyrell said...

I was glad to see you and I thought that it all turned out really well. I'm like you I thought that the slideshow was neat cause you forget half the people that were in our class unitl I watched that. Well stay in touch.

Janita said...

I was surprised how many people I had forgotten until the slideshow too! Your cake was so awesome - I didn't realize you were the one who made it until I read your blog! I wish I had hung around for the group picture...but, my kids had had enough :)

Mandi Ward said...

I think it ended up being more fun than I thought. It was nice to visit with you and everyone else and the cake was delicious.

Janet said...

Well - I'm glad you came!!!

Marilyn said...

Jandy,
Well I hope you don't mind, but I was looking at Janita's Blog and her links, and they led me to yours. I wish I could have been at the reunion, but it was just to far to drive. Hope all is well.
Marilyn

Megan B ♥ said...

So glad you totally survived!