Friday, December 12, 2008

The Nutcracker Ballet

With everyting going on, I forgot to post the date Daeson and I went on. Last Friday night, Dec. 5, Daeson and I went to the Nutcracker Ballet at the Colonial Theater. I was a bit worried how he would be, but it turned out so very wonderful. The ballet was about two hours. He went potty before it started and sat on my lap the rest of the time. It was kinda hard for him to see, there were some very tall people in front of us, but he did okay. During the intermission he stood in the isle (we had an end seat) and danced like the dancers. It was very cute and I just beamed. The dancers were amazing!!! It was so beautiful and the costumes were amazing. The littlest dancers stole my heart. They were just adorable.
After the ballet was over, we headed to Shari's for pie and hot chocolate. When we got there, however, Daeson ordered a full-fledged breakfast. He was having a very hard time staying up...it was almost 10. But he thought it was very cool that he got to stay up that late. We ate our pancakes and headed home. I love that he is still small and thinks that I am a cool person to hang out with. I am also glad that he lets me drag him to all the "girlie" type things. He is a good boy and I love him very much. He surprises me every single day with his ideas and sayings. He is full of compassion and love. He is a teaser. He is a "tough" boy and likes to rough house with his dad. He likes to comfort me when I am sad, and he likes to play and joke when I am happy. I love both of my boys very much and would not trade them for the world. Thanks for making the Nutcracker special, Bug!!!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Maybe next year I'll come with ya! My girlies would love it too I think. And what a good picture -did you take that yourself? . . .. ha,ha,ha!

Janet said...

I would love to go! You're sooo lucky, especially to have such a great date!