Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sick kids, Christmas tree and cool new web site

It has been very busy the last couple days. Yesterday was busy with fun Christmas crafts...Cristmas crafts you ask? Yes, I am TRYING to get in the Christmas mood. We had some friends from our ward come over to do glitter glue window clings...I saw this on my friend Janet's blog, looked up the directions on the internet and thought they would turn out. Uh, No. I must have done something wrong. I bought the Crayola Glitter Glue and drew snowflakes on the waxed paper. The directions stated that after the glue dried, you could cling them to the window...must not be MY windows. But, the kids had fun anyway. Then for FHE we went down Candy Cane Lane to look at the lights. The kids loved that and Daeson said, "Mom and Dad, this was the best Family Home Ebbeneen we ever have." Troy and I just smiled at each other, grateful for our kids.
Then today I went VTing to a newer sister...well new to my route...and she is just the cutest girl. Our kids played and we got to visit. I was so happy the kids got along so well. Then we met Troy at WalMart to look for some Christmas stuff. We decided to go to Shopko, we were very disappointed with WalMart's selection of ornaments. We let the kids pick one every year...then when they are grown, they get to take the ornaments with them. We found a great variety at Shopko...Daeson got a Ninja Turtle (appropriate since he was such on Halloween), Tevan picked Elmo (surprise, surprise), Troy picked the Santa off the old claymation Rudolph, and I picked Rudolph and a misfit doll ( I have felt like a misfit this year and so I laughed when I saw her). We did not, however, find a tree at Shopko, so Troy dropped the boys and I off at the house while he went for the tree. Another sister I VT had some oral work done, so I made dinner for her and had it to her by 4:30 and dinner for our family done by 5:30. Just then Daeson threw up and has been sick ever since. Poor guy, he is so miserable. We did manage to get the tree done, and that made Daeson smile a bit considering we had to miss the Ward party tonight...including Santa. He kept saying, "I feel all better now, Mamma. I not sick anymore." He was so, so sad we couldn't go to the party. I just hope he gets better soon and that Tevan doesn't catch it. I caught him drinking from Daeson's sippy cup. Yikes!
But, I found a very cool website the other day. It is everydayfoodstorage.net. She does amazing stuff on her web site...including some very neat gift ideas. I really like what she has to offer and I will put it on my list of cool websites...as soon as I create one. :)
This week doesn't look like it will be any less busy than the first two days, and I hope it knocks me into the Christmas spirit. I have the kid's 12 Days of Christmas done, and I have only a few things to get Troy. The Big Guy's shopping is all done, and the stockings are ready to be filled...assuming I get them hung. Sunday night we put out the Nativity and I figure if that is the only thing that gets done, so be it. That is what it is all about anyway! Right? My computer is still broken so I am make shifting with Troy's, but when it gets fixed and I have access to my pictures, I will post a hundred. So be prepared. Troy promised me this week it would be fixed...we'll see. Have a happy week!!!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Yay - you got a tree!