This year I bought 10 boxes of peaches and 7 boxes of pears. I was feeling a bit stressed, as I had beats, plums and tomatoes to bottle as well as the peaches and pears. So, with the help of my friend and neighbor, Heather, I was able to get it all done, minus the pears. They are not quite ripe. She came over initially to re-show me how to work my pressure cooker...I didn't want to blow the house up:). But, I think she could see that I was completely overwhelmed and offered to help me finishe everything! I was so grateful for her help I ended up giving her a box of peaches. The pears will be done, eventually...I hope on Monday. Thank you for your help, Heather! I really appreciate it! She has also hepled me with pj bottoms and other sewing projects lately! What a neat lady to visit with and to get to know. I really appreciate all her help. There is no way I could have done it myself!!!!!
I got 53 quarts of peaches, 24 c peach jam, (Troy's cousin bought 2 boxes of peaches from me), 11 pints tomatoes, 12 pints beets, and 30is half-pints plum jam. I got the plums off my brother's tree (THANK YOU)! They made wonderful jam! I feel pretty good about my storage...I almost have enough to not worry about it. I cannot wait until I have a year's worth! It was my goal to have it by the end of the year...I am not quite there, but close!
1 comment:
good job, girl!!
Post a Comment