We took Gram Tom to Virgina
City and Nevada City. She had
never been there and it is one of my
fave places to visit. I love it there. It is
so nostalgic of the old west.
September 2 2009
Everything is behind windows...dirty
windows. But this is the way you used to
buy spices.
Tevan loved the horses.
Daeson would not get
as close as tevan.
Easy walking????
Are you crazy????
This is a home store.
You could buy photos,
ribbon, sewing stuff, ect.
I wish shops were so quaint
and simple!!!
Wow.
Glove fitting, even!!
Maybe that is how they all
looked so small in the good
ol' days!
Daeson got to ride up front on
the tour. Until he started to fall asleep,
he had a great time!
Tevan and Troy in the back
My Great Grandma Wilma used to grow
Hollyhocks. They are my very fave flowers!
She used to make Hollyhock dollies for me.
I reall really miss her. She was so amazing!!!
The highlight for the boys is the
train ride. We all loved it!
Before we left
for Nevada City
On our way, all aboard!!
Here's a little blurb about
the train line
Here is a list of movies made in Nevada City
This is an old cabin. Wow
Here is the other side of the room
Kinda Cool!
This is the classroom. Very different
from now-a-days!!
Canned goods, anyone?
The old post office
The Saddlery
We had a great time! I am so glad Gram went with us!!
I hope she had as fun of a time as did we. I love taking her places
wtih us. She hasn't traveled a whole lot, so I am glad we can
share our trips with her!!! I am grateful my kids can be with her
and get to know her. I was so lucky to know all of my great granparents.
Most didn't die until I was past the age of 12. I feel lucky to have known
them. They were all very special people and a big part of who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment