I appreciate all of the women in my life. Last night we went to Pocatello for dinner. I got to see my Great Aunt, Virginia, my cousins: Cheryl, Heidi, Shawntel, Shelese, Allison, and Addi, my Aunts: Mitzi and Lindy, and my sis in law, Carlie. I also got to see my niece, Brooke. My mom, and both Grandmothers were there. Of course, I got to see all the men, too. However, it was great to reflect on the important role each of these women/ girls have played in my life. Being a woman is so important. I need to appreciate it more. There are days that I dream of a different life, but there are also days that I relish my children and my role as a wife and mother. I admire so many women for all the roles they play, for all the "hats" they wear. Thank you to all the women in my life who make me want to be a better person.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Happy Mother's Day 2010
Today was mother's day and I enjoyed it. My parents stayed the night last night and went to Sacrament Meeting this morning with us. I was sad to see them go, but Tevan had a really hard time. He kept saying, "I go home with Gamma." Daeson sang with the primary in sacrament meeting and he did a great job. After church, Troy took us to O'Brady's. Normally I wont go out on a Sunday, but he really wanted to do this and I appreciated it. I had an omelet and hash browns with really yummy toast and jam. I brought home most of it! Troy and I watched the Office and Community while the boys played outside. (They were visible the whole time.) I took a great nap and woke up when Heidi and Brad got here. We had a bbq with Troy's fam, or those who could come. It was great. Troy bought me a digital picture frame and some beautiful flowers. I got some great gifts from others, too. It was a nice day. I didn't do too much until it was time to do dinner. But, I liked that I could have my mom here for breakfast and my other mother here for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad that you got spoiled for Mother's Day! You deserve it! You are a great Mother!
Post a Comment