Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tonight...
Tonight I had the opportunity to attend the temple with my grandma. It has been since February that I attended, so I was looking forward to tonight. Troy was great and watched the kids. We left at 4:30 and after our 5:00 session, we had a chapel meeting. I had never been to one of those, but I thought it was rather neat. But tonight as I sat next to my gram, I was feeling very grateful that I get to have her in my life. I know that there are times I take her for granted, but how lucky I am. I watched her tonight. I looked at her hands. I looked at her face. I realized that I have her eyes, so does my dad and little brother. I realized how lonely it must be for her to sit night after night by herself. I realized how empty her house might seem after raising four kids. I tried to imagine myself in her shoes and I realized how I wouldn't be able to do what she does. I rely on Troy so much. She has no one to rely on. Night after night she goes to bed by herself. She eats dinner by herself. She watches movies by herself. I look at her wrinkles. I know some of those are happy wrinkles, and some are worry wrinkles, and some are sad wrinkles. For 12 years she has been alone. I am so lucky that she is capable and has the means to visit us. I am grateful that she can still read to my boys and wrestle with them. What a blessing it is in my life to know my grandparents. What a blessing it is that I get to sit in the Lord's house with my Grandmother. That we are able to sit and enjoy each other's company. She is here for a few days and I am lucky I get to spend time with her. I love Gram.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your Gram seems amazing. Just like you Jandy! You are an amazing girl. I love the Temple too- It is a great place to be. I love how life seems to just slow down in there.
Jandy I am so touched by this post. I love it. You wrote with such feeling and emotion I saw myself right there next to you doing the same thing. There are moments in my life I sat and "made imprints" of loved ones deep down in my soul. I just love ya!!
that was very touching jandy :) accept, I know that you can do anything. I have seen it over the years as i have watched you and your family, and the great things you have accomplished. You have the same strength as your grandma and you will always have it :) love ya
Post a Comment