Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Running
My neighbor, Kara, and I have started running. I go with her on Tuesday mornings. Since the beginning of the year, I think I have gone running 5 times. Three of those have been since last Tuesday. Today we ran 2.01 miles and walked another .99. Grand total: three miles. Not too shabby! However, but June 12, I have to run 6.2 miles. And, by September, I have to run a half marathon: 13.2 miles. Wish me luck. This is the year I have to do it...I turn the big 30 next month. Sigh....... I did promise myself I would run a half marathon by the time my 30th year was over. After that, I would love to stay in shape by running 10k's every year until I just cannot anymore. I figure after 3 runs I am already at 2 miles, I should be able to increase a half a mile every week and by June 12, I will just have to chug along and hope to finish the race!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job Jandy!! You can totally do it!
Post a Comment