Friday we helped cousin Holly with her landscaping...or tried. I wasn't the best of help, I am sure. But it was fun and the kids played. She treated us to pizza. It was delicious and fun! Thanks, Holly!
Saturday we picked up our basket, whice was great this week! It had 1 canteloupe, 6 peaches, 7 ears of corn, a bag of 8 grapefruit, 7 bananas, 4 tomatoes, 1 head of green leaf lettuce, 1 container champagne grapes (tiny, tiny grapes), 3 mangoes, 2 red peppers, and 2 hothouse cucumbers. I think that is all...I will have to check. I love BB and I love that the service makes it so affordable to eat all the fruit and vegetables we want! After we picked up our baskets, we headed to McD's and to the family reunion. We stopped at Aunt Hailey's to pick up Grandma Cindy and had a quick visit. Then to McCammon for the East/Barrell reunion. It was great. I met a lot of people I didn't know. I learned about our family and I bought some fun things from the auction. The kids had a great time in the blow-up bounce house, fish pond, sack races, and horseshoes. There was a park they played in and one little cousin, Cambree, that Daeson instantly clicked with. There were little dogs that the kids played with, too. We stopped at Gram Tom's on the way home to pick up canning jars and to take a bath. Tevan fussed most of the way home, but Daeson was asleep before we hit Chubbuck to drop off Gramma Cindy at Justin's. The drive home finally got peaceful about Shelly area...then to be disrupted as I pulled into my neighborhood. Sigh. I got things ready for Jesse's birthday party, then about 2 a.m. I finally dosed off to sleep. Daeson was up bright and early this morning. That kid, I tell you!
Tevan slept in until about 8:45 a.m. and we rushed to get to church. We were 15 minutes late (not uncommon) and enjoyed a shortened sacrament meeting. I had time to reflect today. It was nice that the boys actually cooperated and they were pretty good. I found out today in Primary that we have a lot of blank spots to fill and I am so disappointed that so many people will NOT accept callings! It is so aggravating! Our piano player has to get surgery tomorrow and has asked many to fill in...I guess I better learn to play by next week! ;) We decided as a presidency that we will use CD's and the kids will be okay. We will miss her, she is very talented and very patient with us! I hope she heals quickly, I will miss chatting with her on Sundays when things are calm! Troy just called and I have to run to Rexburg to get him...I just got done making 3 cheesecakes, a jello poke cake, and my ChubbyHubbyCake. I need to put the sauce on the bbq beef and get it finished. I also need to pack the car and get the kid's pjs ready...Sunday is NOT a day of rest to most of us. I wish it were, but our lives just keep getting busier! Never slowing down, just busier. I must be off...I hope to have some pictures soon. It is so much more fun to look at pictures than to read the blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment