Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Ty Smith first annual family reunion


































So, we have never really been a reunion people. This year my mom and dad took us to Island Park for a three day trip. It was great. The first night (Thursday) we were up at the Buffalo Inn campground, we ate pizza and had a good time. Mom, Dad, Troy, me, and the boys went up early. We took this opportunity to catch some frogs at the river bank. Mom and Troy were brave enough, but there was no way in heck I was gonna catch a FROG! Justin, Hailey and Jax came up later. Mom and I had spent all night Wednesday shopping and preparing. As usual, we had enough food for an army. But, better too much than not enough. We had something for everyone! Friday we went to Mesa Falls and then got ready to go to West Yellowstone. The hike was fun and just the right size. Tevan had to stop to "read" every sign. The boys had a great time looking at the falls and checking out the cabin. After arriving at West (where Jess and Carlie met us), mom and I took Daeson, Tevan, and Brookie to the Tea Party with Belle at the Playmill. They thought that was pretty neat. It was a fun experience for them. We love the Playmill and I can remember going every summer until I got married. This year we saw Beauty and the Beast. It was great! The boys did very well. I think all of the kids did great. Carson got a bit fussy, but what do you expect from a 1 year old? After that, we stopped by Troy's bro's place and chatted for a few minutes. Adalyn and Mieley were there hanging out, so the boys took that opportunity to play with them. We played games after getting the children to bed. Catch Phrase was the fave. Mom was so funny with and without her glassed. I think I heard the phrase, "Well the damn thing" more than I ever have. It was so funny! Saturday morning was a bit wet. We headed to Big Springs to feed the fish. This was really fun. The Johnny Sacks cabin was closed though. We wanted to go through it. We went back to the cabins and started Dutch ovening. It was mighty tasty!!! We sat around the fire and chatted. We tried to do this every night. Daeson and Tevan we dubbed the wood haulers (for the kindling) and Daeson was hauling some big sticks. I was shocked at some of the logs...rather trees he was hauling. They had a great time. I think Brookie joined in the nights they were there. It was so nice to be with mom and dad. I didn't mind being with the bros and sis in laws either :). Sunday morning we loaded everything up. My bros left, so it was mom and I again...oh, and Troy and dad :). We got ready to leave and our battery in the car was DEAD. We wanted to go to West again, but we headed home after a quick charge instead. We made it safe, but I was so sad to see everyone disperse. I wish we could spend a bit more time together. We missed Jaded like crazy, but he was in Missouri and Texas and could not make it. I sure miss him!!! We had a great time, THANKS a million, Mom and Dad! It was great! The pictures are all posted in reverse order. So the top is the last night, the bottom is the first.

No comments: