Tonight Troy and I went out. First to Sportsman's, then we grabbed a pizza for the kids. Troy then took me shopping to Ross. I found four pairs of jeans, a shirt, and a cute sweater/shawl thing. I am very excited. Yesterday we went to Maurice's and we were there an hour. I found one shirt...and a super cute pair of jeans, but I could not justify spending 80 bucks on ONE pair of jeans!! After shopping, we went to Buddy's with our friends, Jaimen and Kara. It was...okay. It was not as great as Carino's and the menu size is TINY! I remember going to Buddy's as a kid in Pocatello, but I remember it being WAY better than this. Oh well. We headed over to DQ for a treat. DQ now offers a MINI Blizzard! I was excited about that...the smalls are just too big sometimes! They were out of coconut so I could not get the Hawaiian, so I settled for Banana Creme Pie. It was tasty I must say! Our sitter had the kids asleep when we got home...YEAH! Now, it is time for bed...I will sleep like a log. I am so tired and I have a big day tomorrow!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
The sewer project and date night
So, remember when I told you that we had a company come out and tell us we needed to get our sewer replaced? Well, today we decided to do it. Advanced quoted us 4200, a local plumber quoted 1900, and a close friend quoted 700. Needless to say, we went with the latter. Dave was very diligent and hard working...he was here for about 14 hours, and is coming back tomorrow. Here's the kicker: THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG!!! There was no tree branches growing into the joint, there was no back-up. The joint was a bit off, so Dave lined it up and re-joined it since the 10 ft hole was already there. I just feel so taken by the first bidder. I also feel very bad that Dave spent some long, grueling hours at our house. The good? At least I can have peace of mind that our sewer is in tip top shape and there should be no repairs in the next few years. Also, if we decide to sell ever, we can honestly say we have seen our sewer lines and they look great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it when you find a golden babysitter. I am yet to find one that has the house in order and kids in bed when we get home. Good babysitters are hard to find it seems these days.
Post a Comment