Saturday, August 30, 2008

YUM YUM!!

About 30 minutes ago I finished my apple pie filling (yieling 6 qts) and my tomatoes my sis-in- law (Thanks, Dani) brought from her garden in UT. I got 9 pints...they look good! So, applesauce, pie filling, apricot syrup and jam, green beans, and tomatoes are all done. Now I have peaches, pears, peach jam, pear butter, apple butter, and more pie filling to do...WHEW!! I spent most of the day yesterday on a ladder picking the apples from my neighbors' trees. Thanks Nancy & Alan and Mike & Sandy!!! As soon as my garden is ready, I will have all the ingredients to make some yummy salsa with my neighbor and best friend Barbara. She is amazing with this kind of stuff!!! Oh, I bought one of those apple peeler, corer, and slicer gadgets...WONDERFUL!!! I could peel, slice, and core an apple in 20 seconds with it! Apple pie filling was a cinch!!! And, I still LOVE my steamer instead of the waterbath...FANTASTIC! When I am all done, I will take some pictures...and as always, I am more than willing to help people with their canning...so if there is something that you are wanting to can, let me know!! :)

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

I'm suddenly very hungry.... Way to go, Jandy!

K. Lou said...

Good job, sistah! You go!