Monday, October 19, 2009

Beginners cake class: Graduated




I finished the beginning cake class
Monday night. I have taken them
the last six weeks. It has been a lot
fun, and Troy has been so good to
help with dinner and the kids.
Thank you!!!




Each week we learned a new skill.

We learned flowers, writing, borders,
frosting techniques, sugar molds and
egg white painting, and many more things.





I just signed up for the next class...so for
the next 6 weeks, I will be doing more classes!!


Here is one of the two butterflies
I made out of royal frosting.






The top view
I used a lot of my flowers, some of them melted
because I didn't know they could not
be frozen. So, this is what made it.




The side view...basket weave is SOO
easy! Who would have thought???

I loved taking this class, and I know I will
love the next 6. Then the next 6 we learn
fondant. Maybe one day I really can open
my catering business!!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Your cake looks so good! I've always wanted to take a class! I'm glad you are doing it! And for a little "you" time too.
I live in Poky now! Yes, we are still close enough to visit!

Kayla said...

That looks really, really good! I'm way impressed!

kelly said...

Great job! You'll have to show me how to make butterflies:)

Susie said...

How fun!! What a great talent!!