Monday, October 26, 2009
Cake class catastrophe
I learned one thing in cake class tonight over all: always tie your hair back while standing over an electric mixer. Our teacher, Amy, (note: very rarely is her hair unbraided) was whipping up a batch of meringue powder when her two-foot-long-hair got wrapped around the beaters. One lady unplugged the mixer and we quickly released the beaters. Her hand got caught in the beaters while it was still going and got banged up really badly. Fortunately she was okay and did not get hurt as badly as she could have. Unfortunately, she lost the diamonds out of her wedding ring when her hand got caught. She is a trooper. We still had class, but it started an hour and a half later than scheduled. Poor girl!! I have always heard of things like that happening, but I have never seen someone actually experience it!!!! So, next time you are making something with your electric mixer/Kitchen Aid, remember: Scrunchies are wonderful things!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad she is ok. leason learned!
I am so sorry--but I could not stop laughing. Really how funny that is. I AM still very sorry she got hurt, and lost her diamonds- so sad. But seriously she'll look back on this herself and laugh!! I have never seen that happen either, but have heard the stories of it's possibility from my MOM many a times. TOO funny!! :0)
Post a Comment