Friday, October 2, 2009
I NEED HELP FROM ALL YOU CRAFTY PEOPLE!!!!
Okay, so I got myself into a pickle! Last night I was trying to help the Relief Society member who is in charge of the activities not on Sunday (formerly known as Enrichment) try to come up with one more craft for Super Saturday. I told her that I have seen some very cute birthday boards...you know the big board that has the months and you hang the stars/hearts on them with dates and names? Well, I got put in charge of teaching and making one...by Sunday next. The only problem is that I have never actually SEEN on up close and I have NO IDEA how to do this. She brought me over a 1x4 and some modge podge? I have never modge podged anything. I went tonight and bought some vinyl for the Cricut to make the letters for the months. But I have no idea what to do next. I also have no idea where to get the hooks for the little wooden pieces. Soooooo.....I need some help. If anyone has this type of board, please email me. Also, please give me any ideas that you may have. If I can do ribbons instead of the hooks and figure out how to attach them, I think it would lessen the cost. We have to keep this resonable cheap so that people will sign up for it. THanks in advance for the help!!!!! Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish I could help but I have no idea how to make it either but it soulds like a cute idea. I am sure it will turn out great. Good luck and post some photos when your done. I haven't been to a supper saterday in about 13 years. Boy I miss them. Have fun!
Modge podge is cool. You could use it on the name/date part. It's glue that dries clear and seals stuff. You could put it on the heart or star or whatever and then put a piece of paper with the name and their birthday and then cover that with modge podge and it will seal it.
Go to Porters for the little hooks. I'm sure they have them. My Moms is really simple and everyone's was different. My Mom just painted her main block a cream color and used little hearts to hook on. Each heart had little screw hooks. Some had a hook and some had a loop. So you could link them (you'll have multiple for one month sometimes) I can send you a picture of hers email if you like! LEMME know!!
Post a Comment