Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yummy That! and Priorities

I know I need to be better at recording the cute things my kids say. Tevan has started saying, "Yummy That!" when he thinks something is good. It is the cutest thing ever! I love how many new things he is learning and how much he knows. Troy and I just look at both the boys and are amazed at what sweet boys they are. Don't get me wrong...they have their moments of terror, but at the end of the day, they are sleeping quietly and are the sweetest boys ever. I love both these boys so much and I am saddened by how quickly they are growing up. Soon Daeson will be to embarrassed to give me kisses in public and Tevan will be too sassy to tell me 100 times a day that he loves me.

In General Conference, it was mentioned that we need to tell those that we love that we do in fact love them. We need to let our priorities be very straight and put our families first. I think of how many times I shove my kids aside to do the things I want to do...not the things that I need to do. I loved how much focus was on love and family. I loved that we were able to listen to the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was so refreshing and uplifting. We are so lucky to have a living Prophet on the Earth today who walks and talks with God. It is amazing how much direction we have in our lives. I am so grateful for the gospel and the wonderful ideas and knowledge it brings into my life. I know that without a shadow of a doubt that this church is true. I know that we go through trials so that we can become more perfect and return to live with God. I also know that our families can be together forever because of the very selfless act of Jesus Christ.

I have friends who struggle with the concept of returning to Heavenly Father and someone once told me that is was selfish of us to believe that we can. Why wouldn't God want His children to return to Him? Why would He watch us suffer and go through all that we do on earth just for the sake of watching us? I know He wants us back. He wants us back like we want the best for our children. I love the hope I have for the future. I am not prepared the way I should be. I lack in so many areas, but I know that I get to repent and keep trying. That is the beauty of it!!! I know of some people who ask about the gospel and do not fully understand it. And I have no idea how many people read my blog who don't know about the gospel, so for you I am posting what I believe. I am posting what our church believes.

These are the Articles of Faith given to Joseph Smith by revelation.

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, fourth, laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority to preach the gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely apostles, pastors, teachers, evangelists and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healings, interpretations of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the new Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the Earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

No comments: