Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Almost done with colds!

Last Sunday, the boys and I started in with colds. Daeson seemed to get over his quite quickly, and I recovered from mine super fast (I would like to attribute that to Airborne). However, Tevan, over the last week and a half, got really bad and the cold moved down into his chest. There were nights we sat outside, bundled up of course, at two in the morning at Zero degrees. It seemed to help with the coughing, wheezing, and the congestion. Tevan absolutely HATES medicine and would throw up every time we tried to give it to him. The stinker! Finally, yesterday and today he feels much better and has a little sassiness back. It is good to see him bounce back after a week and a half! He still has a bit of a cough, but it should clear out. I think it is mostly post nasal drip. Now about Airborne: I asked our doctor if he thought it worked, and he said it is just a boost of essential cold vitamins and there was no proof that it actually helped. I BEG to differ! Troy and I are firm believers in Airborne and absolutely LOVE it! If we feel like we are getting sick, we take Airborne. If we get sick, we are usually better in a day or two vs. a week or two. The berry flavor is the best. If you are skeptical about an off brand, we really like the Walgreen's brand, too. The pharmacist said Daeson could take a half tablet dissolved in the same amount of water. He likes the fizziness of it and takes it really well. I think that is why he got better so quickly, too. I am just glad this all hit BEFORE Christmas and not during all the upcoming activities! I am glad it wasn't longer than it was...I might have been insane from sleep deprivation! Tevan and I don't fit on a twin sized bed very well! I am glad to have my bed back without having to sleep with him every night in his bed!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm glad you guys are doing better. Poor little Tevan and poor you!