Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Acts of kindness...
Tonight I had an unexpected visit from my fabulous and wonderful visiting teacher, Cara. She stopped by to deliver an Easter treat since the kids and I will be gone for the next week. I looked like death because I have been sick a large portion of the day, and had just woken from a little snooze. (I AM NOT PREGNANT) I would have stayed in bed, but the kids were still up and I knew that if I didn't get them to bed in the next little bit, tomorrow's early preschool would have been a battle. She was asking how I was and I selfishly rambled a list of things that I still had to do to prepare for our spring break get-a-way. My list must have seemed a million miles long, and if you know me I HATE asking for help. I would rather do it myself than humble myself to ask for anyone to go out of their way to convenience me. She selflessly volunteered to make Daeson's preschool cupcakes for tomorrow and showed up and hour later with 24 cupcakes, frosted AND sprinkled. I feel very grateful for her. She is always so kind and thoughtful of others and I know she would never ask for anything in return. So, as I think of the things that I should be doing, but feel like I am going to throw up and pass out, I am blogging about how great she is. I am grateful for the people in my life. Cara, you might think that you just baked cupcakes, but that is leaps and bounds for me! Thank you so very much! I very much so appreciate it and I can rest knowing that Daeson's little class will get more than a bag of marshmallows tomorrow as their treat. For now, goodnight and I hope all is well...I think I am going to lay upstairs in case I DO get sick to my stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
awww--sorry you are sick. glad that good VT come to the rescue. get better!
Oh! Yuck. I hope you do feel better today. Do you need anything?
Glad you got some help!! You are so amazing to everyone else it is so nice to know you get kindness in return!! You are such a sweet heart! I luv ya and hope your are back on your tippy toes soon!!
Post a Comment