Monday, March 8, 2010

Underwear

Daeson has been potty trained since he was two. That is almost 3 years. However, he has an accident almost every single day. I am tired of this...so, today I am making Daeson understand why it is gross. I pulled all of his peed undies out of the laundry and he is washing them by hand until all the yellow is out of his whitey tighties. This may seem cruel and unusual, but I fear until he has scrubbed his pants until they become clean, he will continue to be lazy with his potty usage. I really believe that he "holds" it until it becomes too late. Then, he does not tell us that he has peed until I discover it on laundry day. He is always telling us, " I don't have to go!" He gets very mad when we request that he use the potty. I know that sometimes bladder control is hereditary, but I firmly believe it is laziness in Daeson's case. So, if anyone has some advice...I generally hate advice, but in this case I would LOVE to know what to do. His doctor doesn't seem too concerned, but I am so tired of it.
People are surprised Tevan has not started to potty train because he turns 3 in June, but I will not have TWO potty trained children peeing their pants on a daily basis. So if you have been through this or have any sound advice, I would love it. Until then, Daeson will be washing his underwear by hand in the sink until all of them are clean and Tevan will remain in diapers.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Have you had a Dr check him out to make sure there is not something physically wrong? I hate potty training and I was horrible at it. So the best I can say is good luck.

Janet said...

No advice here, but I do think you are on the right track! Hey - Tevan will do it when he's ready.

Mandi Ward said...

Hey Jandy,
I had a nephew that did the same thing. He would hold it or not release all of it when he would go that it would catch up to him at night. So they took him to the dr and he said he was fine physically that he was just not taking the time to let it all out when he would go. So the dr recommended that she take him to the bathroom every so often and make him stand there and count to a certain number or stand there a certain amount of minutes and maje him concentrate and take the time to go. It seemed to work. Oh and they would cut of liquids at a certain time at night. Hope that helps.

Mandi Ward said...

oh and the dr said that he was releasing enough until he felt better but not his whole bladder and that is why you need to make him stand there and empty his bladder.

The Davendorks said...

Potty training is the BEST birth control! I just came off of potty training my 2.5 little girl. We used a potty watch, which is like setting a timer. My boy on the other hand was a little older than 3 when he was trained. You could try a sticker system, one sticker for each day he stays clean and dry, once he gets so many stickers he gets to go pick out a toy at the dollar store. These have worked for us. Look at the bright side, at least it is just pee... Good Luck

Kayla said...

I don't have any good advice either - but I think it's great that you're making him wash his underwear. If that doesn't help reinforce a concept, I don't know what will.

Nicole said...

It is a boy thing. My boys will dance around playing the Wii until I make them push pause and then they run to the bathroom. When they run then they are not the neatest in the bathroom either. I tell them they have to go to the bathroom before they start a movie or play the Wii or there is always dancing going on. If it is at night then he will grow out of it eventually. One of my boys had a hard time waking up and we would wake him up before we went to bed to have him use the bathroom. Good luck.

Susie said...

It's a girl thing too--my 3 yr old was doing the exact thing. And not for a medical reason either. I used the sticker system. Every time she went she'd get to put a sticker on her chart hanging in the bathrm. I just went to the dollar store and bought a bunch from there. I would put 1 sheet of stickers in the bthrm. in the morning and tell her they all needed to be on the sheet before the end of the day. We made a game of it. Sometimes she'd go 3 time in an hr. But- we never have accidents anymore. And after about 7 days the sticker thing just worn down- but she still goes all the time now. Worked for- and we didn't give her an award other than stickers on her chart.