Sunday, April 18, 2010

The wedding cake

This is the front view.

This is the front/side view

This is the back view.

So here is the wedding cake. It turned out okay. I briefly saw the bride, and she was smiling, so I hope she liked it. I will have to talk to her to see what she thought. My neighbor, the bride's brother in law, said that he thought it was amazing. It was so funny while I was setting up. The little girls and boys would come in the kitchen and just watch. They were completely mesmerized by what I was doing. I didn't get very many good pictures. I actually forgot to take pictures and ran back inside. I was happy that I was done a half hour before the reception started. It turned out okay and I am glad that this one is done. I have another wedding in June, but I think I will take a break from wedding cakes for a while until I can perfect my technique. I will just have to practice. Tonight I made a carrot cake and my icing was thin. I should have thickened it and practiced on it, but I was in a hurry and did not take the opportunity. Practice makes perfect, and I passed in it. Daeson said it was unacceptable that it was not perfect. But, he sure enjoyed it!!! I have a lot more pictures to post, but I will have to wait on it. We have company coming in tomorrow night and a very, very full week ahead. So, probably until next week...ADIOS!

1 comment:

Susie said...

It is so beautiful!!I love the purple yellow combo! They look nice together!!