Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our fifth day...

So far, so good. The kids are getting a bit tired of each other. Last night our cousin brought Adalyn and Mieley's baby sister for a visit. We had a pizza party and the kids all played. Tora was done about 7:30. It was good for the girls to see Tora. I think we have all adjusted. last night Mieley was up all night coughing and I wondered whether or not to take her in to the ER. She just couldn't stop coughing. So, about 2:30 a.m. I searched my medicine cabinet for something to reliever her. I finally found some Benedryl...not necessarily for coughs, but it did allow her (and the rest of us) to get some rest. Today she seems great. We played today and the kids actually got in trouble for breaking the fence. I was downstairs folding the fifth batch of laundry when they all came in and tattled on each other. I don't know how they got that fence to fall over, but they did. It is pretty bad, so we decided to take away swimming at the party tonight. I felt bad because that was one of the big things we were going to do while they are staying with us, but the three little masterminds need to know that they cannot be so naughty. Tevan and Troy got to swim and Tevan was very happy about that. They had a great time. I am not sure if the three would have enjoyed swimming as much as they enjoyed playing on the playground. They all had a great time. I could not get any of them to eat, but they will survive until breakfast I am sure. I enjoyed talking to some of the sisters in my ward and Troy had a great time, too. It is nice that our ward has this little get together. I made an orange salad and my signature ChubbyHubby cake. It was pretty good if I do say so myself.

This afternoon we took a trip to the HomeDepot. I love Home Depot because I usually get something there that I need. Troy bought me the last set of shelves for the closet and a NEW TOILET! I know that doesn't sound like much, but our basement bathroom still is not done...and probably won't be for a while, so we have all been sharing one toilet. Do you know how gross it is to sit in pee? Daeson used to be so good at lifting the lids, but lately he has not been. There are six of us sharing one toilet and inevitably someone has to go while the other one is going. I will be so happy when it is installed and usable. Ahhh! Alas, two months without a toilet will be coming to an end! Good bye wet toilet seat!

We are going to attempt the Zoo tomorrow unless they all get into trouble again. I hope they don't because I am looking forward to it. I think they all need a break from each other. They are fighting a lot more and bickering amongst themselves. Saturday is only a few days away. Last night I took Daeson school shopping by himself and I think it was good for him. Maybe tomorrow I will take one more of them out without anyone else bugging them. It is hard to give each of the four kids the attention they need, plus give attention to Troy. I am spread pretty thin and I think we will all enjoy bed time. Maybe tomorrow we can run through the sprinklers and I can weed the neglected garden...I sure hope that gets done. My peas are getting choked out. I do love the fact that weeds don't grow around onions. My onion patch is nothing but onions and that is refreshing!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

You survived!!! Thanks a million! I know it was asking a lot to take two kids for over a week! And Adalyn has proclaimed to me that your food is MUCH better than my food.
Sorry about them taking out the neighbor's fence. Naughty naughty!!!!