Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cake contest and free decorating

I am finishing my cake classes and I found out last night my "final" is a wedding cake. I can design it or replicate one that I have seen. I am super thrilled to do this. THRILLED. There is something fun about playing in FROSTING, and yes, ADAM, I LOVE CAKE! :)

This is the part I am excited about. I am starting a blog for my cakes. I will post all the cakes that I have made, or at least the ones I have pics of, and I will decorate cakes for people for the cost of the supplies. So, instead of paying 30 for a sheet cake, it will cost two cake mixes or supplies for homemade, and the cost of the frosting. I do all the decorating and time free until I develop a nice portfolio and feel like I can charge people for my time. I am so excited about this! I get to practice and people get to order cheap cakes. Well, inexpensive cakes!!! I don't do "cheap" :). So if you or anyone you know is in need of a cake, I would love to do it. I am a clean person and my kitchen is not messy. I do not have pets of any kind in my house...just two small boys. But I keep them clean, too.

However, I am in need of a catchy name for my blog. So, if you have any ideas for a snazzy name, and if I pick yours, you get a free cake or cheesecake. I will deliver to Rexburg, Pocatello or Idaho Falls...so if you live outside this region, you will get a gift certificate/gift card for $10.00 mailed to you. (Unless you are from Malad, I will make a special trip to see some friends from my highschool days!) I want this to be fun!! If you have an idea, please leave a comment with your input. Thanks and I look forward to the ideas!! I will be posting some of the cakes that I have done in a couple days, so watch for them!!!

5 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

Here are a few Jandy. Cake n Crumb, Batter Up, The Cakery, Bake My Day, Sweets, Sweet Dreams, A Slice of Heaven, The Sweet Thumb, and Yumtastic. All of which could be followed with by Jandy. Example "Sweet Dreams by Jandy"
Call you tell I want a chance to win. Congrats on this new endeavor.

Megan B ♥ said...

Here is my submission!

jandysweetcake
cakedelights
deathbyfrosting
cakesbyjandy
myprettycakes
sugarbeettreats
grover-frosted-over
sweetcakejunction
sweetcakeconnection
jandyscakecorner
jandys-cake-corner
givemefrosting
makemycakepretty
cakeloverjandy
jandylovescake

Kayla said...

Oh wow. I'm liking a lot of those submissions above. And I still got nothing. The creative juices have left me.

Jandy Lou said...

Adam, my brother in law, is submitting the following: ChubbyHubby Cakes. I think it is kinda cute! Troy not so much. Also, my mom is submitting: Sweet Creations. I like that too. Thanks for the submitions!

Anonymous said...

Well, it was Sweet Celebrations, but I like Sweet Creations too.
I got nothin' else right now.

Love ya Jandy Lou,
Mom