So, this year I have decided not to make unreachable goals. You know the type...loose 20 pounds in 5 days, not to eat junk for three months, not to blog but only once a day!!! This past year I have done some major soul searching. I have contemplated my life and the lives of my family members. I have come to the conclusion that I am not the best person I can be. There are so many things I could do better and this year I am focusing on what I can to do be a better me. I know that sounds selfish...but I will, with that, be better to those around me. I will focus on being a true disciple of Christ. I want to be someone that is reliable, stable, compassionate, trustworthy, hard working, friendly, and confident that I will be able to handle what is handed to me. I know that I am probably asking for some trials by doing so, but I know that will make me obtain these goals more earnestly. I want to be a better mom, friend, wife, daughter, granddaughter, Primary councilor, camp director, visiting teacher, housekeeper and cook. I want this year to be my best year.
Troy and I have been focusing on getting out of debt and trying to be frugal. He does a great job at providing, but we have been really loose with our finances. Budget??? So, with the help of our fave talk radio host, Mr. Dave Ramsey, we will be working fervently on getting out of debt so that we will one day be able to call in and do a shout out. This, I know, will be a trial for our family. We are so used to buying what we want and not just what we need. I know we are counseled to be debt free and with the economy the way it is, there is no better time to start. We have decided to make the financial freedom commitment and with that, we should be completely debt free...including our house...by 2015. I know that we will be so much happier by doing this and I know that we will teach our children discipline and be an example for them.
I have big plans for 2010. I am really trying to stay focused and goal oriented. What ever your endeavors for 2010, good luck. I hope each of you can accomplish the things you would like to happen. Happy New Year!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know you can do it! I just read the January Ensign "the Best is yet to be" Great article for the new year. We can all be what we dream of being!
Good luck in the new year, Jandy. Those sound like some good goals. I know you can accomplish them, you usually get done what you set out to do!
You are awesome Jandy! You are the kind of person that sets your mind to something and gets it done!
I wish you the VERY best luck for 2010. Make it be the best... ;)
WHOO WHOO WHOOOOO!! I swear if you weren't wearing shoes you'd be lifted up!!!! :0) LOVE ya!!
Post a Comment