Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Troy's turn...Texas Roadhouse style

I cannot believe it has almost been a year since my fabulous vacation to San Fransisco with Peggy. It was a year ago that I was making plans, striving to loose weight, and getting very anxious for a vacation. This year, it is Troy who is preparing for a trip with Peggy. It has been a very long time since he has had a vacation...since we went to Las Vegas when he was selling insurance four years ago. He deserves this trip and although I will miss him like mad, I hope he has a blast. Usually I would get in the car and drive to mom and dad's, but this year Daeson has school. Sigh. Troy and Peggy will be attending the Texas Roadhouse convention in NEW YORK CITY!!!!! I am so excited for him...New York is at the top of my "Places to go" list. They are staying in a posh hotel and they will have a BLAST! We had a great time in San Fran, and I am so grateful I got to go with Peggy. I appreciate these little opportunities we have to do these things. He will have fun and enjoy his vacation...but right now, he is still working, counting down the days until he goes. BTW, it is 74 days.

I guess I should clarify: Troy's mom works for Benchmark Potato. They supply most of the potatoes for Texas Roadhouse. So every year, Peggy gets to go to the Texas Roadhouse conference as a vendor. She takes someone with her, and they travel once a year. They have been to Banff, Mexico, California, Hawaii, etc. So even though she doesn't work for Texas Roadhouse, she gets to go to their conference. It really is a neat thing!

2 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

Does he work for Texas Roadhouse or am i totally confused?

Holly said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! I wish we could go!! Just call me Jandy, we'll go do something while Troy's away!!