Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dave says

If any of you are familiar with Dave Ramsey, you know that he often says, "The only time you should see the inside of a restaurant, is if you work in it." As many of you know, Troy and I have decided to do the debt free challenge. So, instead of going out tonight...even though I REALLY wanted to, we stayed in. And dinner showed that my heart was not in it. Have I cheated on my family for feeling this way and producing a less than spectacular meal? Part of me says yes. The other part of me says I cook three meals a day, everyday and I would like a night off! I am tired tonight. I am wallowing in self pity. I am mad at the world and I am mad at myself. I should be proud that we did not spend the $30.00 on Happy's Chinese. I should be overjoyed that we are finally able to say no to our wants and only take care of our needs. I should be happy that I accomplished so much in a 12 hour period. I should be happy that sharing time is ready for tomorrow, that the 30 cupcakes and my talk for Great to be Eight are both done and ready for tomorrow. I should be excited that dinner, although terrible, is done and over and the boys are ready for bed. I should feel like wonder woman today, but I don't. I feel less than acceptable. I hate that these are the days that get me down. I really hate that the pressure of being a wife and mother takes it's toll. I feel sometimes that my kids look up to me and I feel like I have not been the best person for them. I am not a supermom and I feel like I cheat Troy and my children for not living up to the title. Tonight I just want to go to bed and pray that tomorrow is a better day.

On a happier note: I was privileged to watch my three beautiful nieces today while my sis in law did some much needed alone shopping time since Adam is snow machining. I had so much fun...Tora is getting so big and I just loved the way she played and "talked". Adalyn and Mieley had fun playing with the boys and I hope they come back soon! We get to see them often, but it was fun for the afternoon to have them by myself. I took some great pics of Tora posing as Bob the builder, but those will have to wait until another time. Good night, my fellow bloggers. I hope that tomorrow brings us a day of sunshine and happiness!!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

You're too sweet . . .I don't think that watching my kids is that much of a privilege . . I felt like I dumped them on you! I'm sorry you had a rough night - I really am. I really pray tomorrow is better for you!! And thanks again for taking my girls. It really meant a lot to me!!! I wish I had been clothes shopping instead of grocery shopping though! :)

Unknown said...

Mother & wife are a hard title to fill aren't they?
Some days they are harder than others.
BUT, I do not doubt that you are truly a wonderful Mother and super wife!
Keep your head up!

Megan B ♥ said...

Dave Ramsey is a wise wise WISE man, but boy, he's brutal. You'll have to post with you call his radio station and shout "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!"